1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Two mice adventures in the world of dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Mystery Cartoon' started by nemoboy, Feb 15, 2016.

1. nemoboy

nemoboy Intern Forum Member New Member

Hello there,

I'm looking for an educational animated TV series from the early 90s (could be earlier, but not beyond 1993), about two mice and their adventures in the world of dinosaurs.

Each episode they would enter a magical book that took them to the dinosaur world, and there they would learn about them.

The mice names could be something similar to Tati and Tlogia, but that's just how they were named in a local dub version.

In this version, the series was named, in a free English translation, "The Magical (or Enchanted) World of the Dinosaurs", but I found zero results using this one or anything related.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help with information :)
  2. nemoboy

A very brief portion from the series' opening:

Unfortunately, that's all I could find...

Also, an update: It was a 13-episode series. It was about a granny mice named Claudia (and not Tlogia as I mentioned before, but still in this same local dub) reading to her grandson named Tati from a golden book of dinosaurs, and together, through this same book, they magically travel to the dinosaur age to study and observe them closely.
  3. Larsone

Larsone Newbie New Member

Hi nemoboy, I was looking for this series as well and your post was the only mention of it ever found online. I signed up for this forum only to leave you a replay.
    I was obsessed with this series as a child and no one else seems to remember it. Very strange. I was starting to think i was maybe mixing up things in my head but i guess not.
    Anyway, I found some old drawing i made as a kid, maybe this can help the search
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
  4. nemoboy

Thank you very much for your reply, Larsone! Finally someone else remembers it ;)

Do you possibly remember anything else from the seires? The channel it was aired on? I suppose it was in English, right?

This is currently the most obscure series I've ever searched. As you said, nothing of it mentioned on the web, and no matter the language! I've literally tried to match "dinosaurs" with "mice" in every possible language... ZERO.

Sweet drawings, BTW! :)
  5. nemoboy

More briefs from the series...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. nemoboy

So after over 3 years in the searching and digging the net bit by bit in any possible language - I finally found it :)

"Tete' e Clodoveo nel Fantastico Mondo dei Dinosauri"

I managed to find it in the Korean version, and the entire series is available right now on YouTube.

However, there is no opening and ending in them. Frustrated, I kept searching and found a Korean blog, with its blogger embedded the first 4 episodes from another video source in the blog - this time with an opening and ending! (which I compiled together and uploaded to the link above).

So, the series is a 12-episode Italian-produced in 1993. Created and directed by Gianni Boni with a team of animators under the collective name "Gruppo l'Arca di Noe'" ("L'Arca di Noe'" is also the name of the production itself). The main characters are, of course, the young fella Tete' (could also be written as Tetè, if I'm not wrong), and Clodoveo (judging by the masculine name, I think he might be a male in the original Italian version, but could have been exported as a female named Claudia when distributed to other countries such as Israel and South Korea), Tete''s dinosaur expert and guide all along the way.

Seems that it is completely wiped out from the Italian memory (or the Italian web, at least). No mention of it whatsoever. Boni is also known for another series which might say nothing to many of you - "Zig & Zag e i Loro Perche''" (Zig & Zag Wonder Why), but this one is somewhat documented under Boni's name.

It would be awesome if you could added Boni's work to the BCDB database :)

Anyway, thank you there very much for trying to help me to find this series! Much appreciation to all of you! :D
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. nemoboy

Update: Okay, there's 13 episodes after all. The last episode where they suppose to witness the dinosaurs' extinction is missing from the Korean YouTube playlist.