1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Again, this is one I'll have to look up.
  2. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I think this is Snowball the cat from the Nutcracker Scoob episode of the New Scooby Doo Mysteries.
    Snowball is the beloved pet of Winston Nickleby. Despite being suspected by the gang of being the Ghost of Christmas Never--it actually isn't him.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

Correct, Glowworm. Though I think Snowball's owner's name was Winslow Nickleby, but who's keeping track?

Anyway, I'm sure my cat would approve of this choice in character, considering her name is also Snowball.
  4. Glowworm

Yeah, thanks, I wrote that too quickly. It is Winslow. I had a college roommate who was watching Scooby Doo episodes on youtube a few years back--I don't think we were anywhere near Christmas when she was watching that.

Anyhow, give me some time-- my Saturdays are actually quite busy--filled with work, and then some time with my boyfriend afterwards. Worse comes the worse, there may be something by Sunday. Sorry for delays.
  5. Glowworm

I think I can sneak one in this morning.
    1. In one of my shorts, I try to stay up so I can see Santa.
    2. I went on adventures with a little girl in my comic books.
    3. Despite my Disney-like looks, I am not from there.
  6. emeraldisle

Ah, an easy one. Sniffles the mouse.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Glowworm

Yeah, I needed something not so complicated, I really didn't want to keep the game from progressing.

Sniffles the Mouse it is.
    1. The short was "Bedtime for Sniffles"
    2. Sniffles would go on adventures with a girl named Mary Jane in his comics. Mary Jane could make herself the size of Sniffles--mainly by chanting some magic words although magic sand and wishing worked too.
    3. Sniffles was one of Jones' early characters, so he has the looks and behavior of a Disney character rather than say Daffy Duck or Bugs Bunny.
  8. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now here's one that's just as easy:

1. I'm both the foreman of the workshop, and the conductor of a male chorus.

2. I tell a team player he'll never fit in after he reveals what he wants to be.

3. After my boys sing their song, I complain that the tenor section is weak!
  9. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I know this one: it's the Elf Foreman (he don't gots a name, do he?) from the stop-motion production Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer by Arthur Rankin and Jules Bass. Foreman wonders why the elf Hermey isn't making toys up to Santa's standards, and the response is that Hermey would rather be a dentist. Elf Foreman tends to be critical of others; perhaps that's why he's a supervisor.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB you nailed it. And he does have a name: Boss Elf. So now it's your turn again. Great job. :)
  11. oneuglybunny

Goodie, 'nudder one right. So, I must think up another Mystery Character, ideally with a Christmas theme. Aha! Oop, no, he's taken. How 'bout ... this one?

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated feature film that has a Christmas theme.

2) Right off the bat, this character isn't human. Nor is he a cat, despite spending a goodly amount of time resting.

3) Awake, though, this character is a real enthusiastic dynamo, able to do the work of eight all by himself.
  12. emeraldisle

Just checked all the animated films about Xmas, and there are no characters to match the clues as yet.
  13. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I also have some more searching to do.
  14. oneuglybunny

More clues? Okay, moar it shall be. :)

4) People shoot at this character. A lot. Big guns, too. Bang bang boom boom. Fortunately, there's no danger that this character will be shot and killed, because he's already dead. Plus, they're aiming more at his master than at him.

5) This character is especially good at retrieving: lost fuzzy hats, detached ribs, self-respect. Amazing what this li'l guy can fetch.

6) Oh, and to be fair, this character doesn't replace all eight sleigh-pulling reindeer, just the lead one. He's an unnatural at it.
  15. Glowworm

Zero the Ghost dog from the Nightmare Before Christmas?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. saltyboot

Ahh, you beat me to it Glowworm.

• Like Like x 1
  17. oneuglybunny

Count it! This is totally Zero, the ghost dog companion of Pumpkin King Jack Skellington from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. Zero has Rudolph's place d'honneur at the head of Jack's team of skeleton reindeer, and seems to do much of the pulling / steering. Also, when first seen, he rises from a grave in the cemetery when Jack beckons him. Which means he missed all the fun of the "Hallowe'en Song" opening.

That means Glowworm gets the binary opposite of Zero, a substantial +1, and control of the board. Yay!
  18. Glowworm

Thanks. I was trying really hard to think of something Christmas themed--a bit hard when you're Jewish and haven't watched a lot of Christmas specials as a child. However, I do have something.

1. I am not Disney, but I do follow up on a familiar fairy tale.
    2. I share the same name as my mother.
    3. I also share her enemy, who has suddenly reappeared after a lengthy disappearance.
  19. emeraldisle

Can't figure it out for the life of me.
  20. saltyboot

I'm going to wait for the next set of clues.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.