1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Can't say I know this character. Someone else will have better luck.
  2. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

B.O. Skunk from Little Tinker.

He's a skunk who peruses girls who are not skunks.
    He follows the advise in a book to no avail.
    He finally meets a fellow skunk.
  3. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Yep, it's B.O. Skunk from "Little Tinker." I love this cartoon, especially the surprise ending.
  4. saltyboot

Here's another one that's surprisingly not on the list.

I am a real womanizer.
    I am also very aggressive.
    The one I am pursuing is never who she seems.
  5. emeraldisle

Ten to one, it's Pepe Le Pew. :)
  6. saltyboot

You got it. Le skunk de' le pew!
  7. emeraldisle

Thanks, Saltyboot. Now here's another good one:

1. I live underwater.

2. The episode I'm in is based on one of the comic book stories.

3. The names of my man, and my homeland were changed for the story.
  8. saltyboot

I don't have any ideas on this one.
  9. emeraldisle

Here are three more clues:

4. Rejected by my lover, I strike a deal with the enemy.

5. This decision puts my undersea prince in danger.

6. In order to save him, I seek help from four people who were altered by cosmic rays.
  10. Glowworm

That last clue helped clinch it for me. I knew the series in question had to be the Fantastic Four--the original HB version and went to search for an episode that fit it--the character in question is Lady Dorma--who as I now figured due to the Marvel origins had to be linked to Namor the Submariner--however, due to another animation studio owning ther rights to Namor, his name became Prince Tritan and she hailed from Pacifica rather than Atlantis.
  11. emeraldisle

Glowworm, you're right again, and for all those reasons. So take a bow, and another turn. Good job. :) And of course, the enemy was Attuma.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  12. Glowworm

1. I want to catch the attention of a certain company.
    2. Unfortunately (or rather fortunately if you wish) I am always rejected.
    3. This is probably for the best, because I probably don't understand the actual concept of the company.
  13. emeraldisle

I know this, all right, but it's best someone else answered this time.
  14. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

This must be Starkist pitch-fish Charlie the Tuna. The actual tuna fish, not the football coach Duane Charles "Bill" Parcels.
  15. Glowworm

Yes, this is Charlie the Tuna. I recently saw some of the old commercials on him--they were pretty awesome.

1. Charlie wants to be caught by the Starkist Tuna boats.
    2. There's always a note saying "Sorry, Charlie" as the boats want good tasting tuna, not tuna with good taste.
    3. Charlie must not know that the tuna is for eating--otherwise he has a suicide wish.
  16. oneuglybunny

Ah, yes, those good ol' commercials from back in the Day. And I've found another untapped vein. :) Beware, though, this isn't Saturday afternoon kiddie fare. :nailbiting:

1) This character has appeared only once in an animated feature film, and is unlikely to recur.

2) This character dies at the start of the film. Then he has some adventures. Then he dies again, presumably. :dead: Ghosts and such are not involved.

3) Plenty of police and officials pursue this character because they regard him as a dangerous fugitive. He's not dangerous, just worried. [felix]
  17. emeraldisle

The one I thought of doesn't match the clues to a T. But the clues indicate something by Bakshi, am I right?
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  18. emeraldisle

Aha! It wasn't from a Bakshi film. It must be The Puppet Master from "Ghost In The Shell."
  19. oneuglybunny

Well, now I'm on the spot. I've seen Ghost In The Shell some years ago, and while technically dazzling, the plot was a little too convoluted for me to follow. Therefore, I must ask emeraldisle to rule on her own answer: does the Puppet Master appear only in Ghost In The Shell? I'm thinking yes by default; there are likely other similar characters, but not this one in particular. Does this Puppet Master perish at the start of Ghost In The Shell, then return from the dead, run around loose for a while, then perish a second time to end the film? This is doubtful, as very few characters get to die twice in the same story. And while I believe that this Puppet Master was sought by the authorities at some point, extending to being a fugitive, I can't picture a Puppet Master as a harmless recluse. A puppet master needs to control his minions, and makes them interact with the rest of the world vicariously; the character I had in mind is more the "leave me alone" kind of fugitive.

So, I must defer to fair and honest EmeraldIsle: does the Puppet Master meet all three clues? My head is too rusty to recall him clearly. If so, then Integrity demands that I award "Puppet Master" as a correct response.
  20. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. But since I'm totally unsure, I think there should be three more clues.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.