1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Somehow, I knew you'd pick another easy one. The answer is Mother Nature.

1. She's often seen with holiday figures.

2. She's been animated most notably for her appearances in "The Smurfs." However, there are also her memorable live action ads for Chiffon Margarine. "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature."

3. Her stepsons, needless to say, are Snow Miser and Heat Miser.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

That is correct. And yeah, I wanted to keep my character simple. Still recuperating from yesterday. [santa]

You're up emeraldisle.
  3. emeraldisle

Thanks, Saltyboot. Since we're between holidays now, and 2013 is winding down, I thought the last character of the year I post should be this one:

1. I perform in a circus.

2. I speak with a foreign accent.

3. I win an argument about who goes first, but come to regret it.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Methinks this is the one-time adversary of Bugs Bunny: Bruno the Slobovian Bear, from "Big Top Bunny" by Robert McKimson in 1951.
  5. emeraldisle

Yes, sir, OUB. Bruno it is!

The first two clues are self-explanatory. As for the third one, he and Bugs argue about who goes first in a high-dive. Naturally, Bruno, the star, goes first, and lands in the hardened cement, suffering the consequences. So you're up again. Great job! :)
  6. oneuglybunny

Okay, time to find another worthwhile character. Hmm, this one might be intriguing, or at least amusing.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated feature film. It's debatable whether or not this character survived his exit.

2) Though not the evil mastermind of the film, this character is the very first villainous agent shown on screen.

3) A mean boss like Cosmo Spacely likes to fire underlings; the underlings usually survive the dismissal. This character's boss has tried to kill him. Twice. The second time may have succeeded.
  7. emeraldisle

You got me on this one. The ones I thought of don't even come close to matching the clues.
  8. saltyboot

I'm thinking the answer is Joanna the Goanna from The Rescuers Down Under.
  9. oneuglybunny

Well, this is one mighty close answer. Let us examine how closely Joanna Goanna comes to the Mystery Character.
    1) Joanna has appeared only once in the Walt Disney animated feature The Rescuers Down Under. So Joanna is at least 33% right.
    2) I may need to see this one again, but when the golden eagle is captured, isn't it McLeech who appears gloating with triumph? If Joanna is also in the scene, then we're at 50% correct.
    3) McLeech has his suspicions about Joanna, especially concerning hard-boiled eggs, but I don't recall McLeech trying to "terminate" the goanna. Granted, the last we saw Joanna, she was stranded on a rock between a towering waterfall on one side, and a bask of hungry crocodiles on the other. Doomed: likely; at that moment, no. Regrets, Saltyboot, this answer is only 75% correct. Mighty good thinking, though. :)
  10. saltyboot

Hmmm. Then I don't know. On to more research.
  11. emeraldisle

I think I have it now, but let's see if someone else gets it.
  12. emeraldisle

Well, if I'm not mistaken, it's Fidget the bat, from "The Great Mouse Detective."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. oneuglybunny

Precisely, this is the comical bat Fidget from Walt Disney Pictures' The Great Mouse Detective, his one and only appearance so far.
    Fidget is first seen as the leering face that comes exploding through the door to Flaversham's toy shop. He's there to abduct Hiram Flaversham at the behest of his boss, Professor Ratigan. The wicked professor at one point fed poor Fidget to the huge angora cat Felicia, but the intrepid bat somehow avoided being chewed and swallowed long enough to earn a reprieve. Later, Ratigan took Fidget's suggestion to lighten the load aboard the airship; however, rather than jettison the hostage Olivia, Ratigan chose to jettison Fidget. Since Fidget can't fly, and Detective Basil has mentioned that Fidget has a crippled wing, the poor bat falls into the Thames. Even if Fidget survives the impact, that's still mighty cold water, and a long swim for someone his size.

Collect your 173rd point, EmeraldIsle, and choose your next Mystery Character. :D
  14. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Here's one that I decided to pick on the spur of the moment:

1. I'm a big dog owned by a little guy.

2. I carry his gear in the keg around my neck.

3. I have the same name as a Scottish warrior played by Mel Gibson.
  15. emeraldisle

Didn't expect this one to be a stumper, so here are the last three clues:

4. My friend calls himself "The Biggest Little Detective."

5. My name is most contradictory-I'm actually a big coward.

6. Amazingly, I also share my name with a fearless lion.
  16. saltyboot

The only name that fits is Braveheart.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. emeraldisle

Saltyboot, you got it! Now to clear up this mystery:

1. Braveheart was the St. Bernard owned by Inch High, Private Eye.

2. Like any other St. Bernard, he had a keg around his neck. But this one contained Inch's gear instead of brandy.

3. Braveheart was also the nickname of William Wallace, memorably played by Gibson in the movie.

4. Inch called himself "The Biggest Little Detective" in the show's opening.

5. Ironically, Braveheart was the latest in a long line of cowardly dogs from Hanna-Barbera.

6. He also shared his name with Braveheart Lion, one of the Care Bear cousins.

Good work, Saltyboot, and here's to even more good guessing in 2014. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. oneuglybunny

Oh, dang, I'd forgotten about him. Really, "Braveheart" should have rung a bell, but my cobwebby old head never made the connection. Good on you, Saltyboot. I think that Hanna and Barbera were going for an animated version of Maxwell Smart, but somehow couldn't strike the balance right between egotism and dumb luck. Don Adams knew exactly how to play that character. Inch High just doesn't measure up.
  19. saltyboot

Thanks! Now here's mine.

I have appeared in an animated movie, and later a live action film.
    I am particularly greedy, smart, and strong.
    I like to brag about myself.
  20. emeraldisle

Stumped again. I think there are others who may know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.