1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, Pete. Now as my Christmas present to everyone here, I give you a no-brainer:

1. I'm the last of a fearsome foursome.

2. Unlike the others, I only communicate by body language.

3. I convince the protagonist to repent by showing that both he and a little boy are six feet under.
  2. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

That's easy as anything. The ghost of Christmas Future from A Christmas Carol.
    1. Scrooge gets visited by four ghosts that night--the first being Jacob Marley, his deceased business partner, then the ghosts of Christmases past, present and future respectfully.
    2. Generally the Ghost of Christmas Future doesn't talk--which makes him rather spooky--although there are some versions (I think the Disney one with Mickey Mouse and the Jetsons ones) where the ghost does talk.
    3. For his last disturbing act, the ghost shows Scrooge that Tiny Tim has died--and so will him--by showing him their graves.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. emeraldisle

Good job, Glowworm. You're up now. Happy Holidays! :)
  4. Glowworm

Thanks. I've actually read a Hanukkah version of the tale where the Scrooge like man is visited by three rabbis. The rabbi of the past is a traditional looking orthodox rabbi, the one of the present is more modern looking, and the one of the future is a woman.

Anyway, here's one to wrap your head around.
    1. I was originally created to accommodate a rather unusual sound effect.
    2. I later became a mascot character to a mobile phone content provider--they sold me as a ringtone.
    3. However what probably made me the most (in)famous would be a hit single in which I "sing" along to a remix of the theme from Beverly Hills Cop.
  5. emeraldisle

I know this, but this time, I'll let someone else answer.
  6. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

This is Crazy Frog, the mascot for Jamba. The sound effect was of a two-stroke engine.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Glowworm

Yep, it's Crazy Frog--originally called "The annoying thing."
  8. saltyboot

Ok, here I go.

I was in two shorts. One was very different from the original story, and the other was closer.
    I was unknowingly separated from my real family.
    I was treated cruelly by everyone.
  9. emeraldisle

I definitely know this. It's The Ugly Duckling.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. saltyboot

That's it! The 1931 The Ugly Duckling short was not true to the story, but the 1939 one was closer.

You're up again.
  11. emeraldisle

Thanks, Salty. Now for another untapped one:

1. I literally have wild schoolmates.

2. I end up at my school due to a typo--one that mistakes me for the king of the beasts.

3. I'll bet one of my classmates will be looking forward to 2016---it's the year of his species.
  12. emeraldisle

Ok, last three clues. Hope these make it easy:

4. I'm one of many cartoon characters named after the first male human mentioned in the Bible.

5. As per my show's title, I meet one of my new friends in Phys. Ed.

6. My animated series premiered on Cartoon Network ten years ago yesterday.
  13. Glowworm

I've known this one since the first three clues--but had to go to work, and did not have time to answer. That and I was certain someone else would answer this one before I got to it.
    This is Adam Lyon from My Gym Partner's a Monkey.
    In my honest opinion, this was not a very good cartoon.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. emeraldisle

Glowworm, you got it! Good job! You may take your turn. :)
  15. Glowworm

Thanks, I've seen bits and pieces of this show out of boredom or randomness, but I just never got into it. Also, I always thought the gorilla character looked rather stoned. :)
    Anyhow, here's another character from another show I never really cared for--but will put up for the sake of this game.
    1. We are inseparable.
    2. This is meant literally, we are physically attached to one another.
    3. Probably the most common question most viewers wondered about when they watched us was how the heck we went to the bathroom.
  16. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Right away, this has to be CatDog, created by Peter Hannan for Nickelodeon. I think at one point, the problem mentioned was resolved by "We take turns." Of course, in cartoonland, Nobody Poops, so this doesn't seem to be a problem for them at all. :)
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Glowworm

Yes, this is Catdog--I've never liked this cartoon--it was usually extremely gross and mean-spirited most of the time.
    Also, please forgive me if I post this little clip in regards to the last clue I stopped watching Family Guy quite some time ago, but I discovered this clip and totally agree with Peter.

18. oneuglybunny

Goodie, a chance to field a real Christmas character. Sort of.

1) This character is in the public domain, and has been portrayed any number of times, both live actors and animated.

2) For this purpose, I'll be cluing in on an animated feature version that debuted in theaters on Wednesday 25 December 1963.

3) Being such a young fellow, this character would normally be raised and taught by his father. Alas, this character is portrayed as an adoptee, being raised by a foster father. However, this character's schooling comes from an outsider, which proves rather fortunate.
  19. emeraldisle

Way too easy. It's King Arthur, AKA Wart, from "The Sword In The Stone."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. oneuglybunny

Oh dear, "way too easy"? I must be doing something wrong. :( Yes, this is Arthur, from Disney's The Sword in the Stone, which debuted on Christmas Day of 1963. Sir Ector is his foster-father, and he is schooling Arthur in being a squire to a knight. However, that's as far as Arthur's education would go, except that the peculiar wizard Merlin intervenes. Merlin introduces young Arthur ("Wart" to his step-brother) to the mechanics of being a fish, a squirrel and a sparrow. If nothing else, it broadens Arthur's perspective.

So, here's an easy +1 to EmeraldIsle, plus control of the board. :)

Oh, and an update:
    Scores as of Thread 4 Post 1639:
    Arthur has 4 points,
    Damfine has 4 points,
    Emeraldisle has 362 points,
    Eminovitz has 2 points,
    FluidGirl has 58 points,
    Glowworm has 259 points,
    IronCookuru has 121 points,
    Mreiof has 12 points,
    Oneuglybunny has 150 points,
    PatrickRsGhost has 13 points,
    Peterhale has 148 points,
    Rollo has 11 points,
    Saltyboot has 208 points,
    Seiry has 2 points.

There were 47 unguessed characters, totaling 1401 characters used to date.
    Actually, it's 1398 characters queried, since 3 characters were inadvertently duplicated.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.