1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Seems like I've hit a snag with this character. Here are three more clues:

4. Like another famous live action human, I drive a bus.

5. My show has also been compared to a very similar Hanna-Barbera animated series that was on the air, but not on Saturday mornings, that same year.

6. Like the human family in the show mentioned in the fifth clue, I have two sons and a daughter.
  2. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Arnie Barkley - the Archie Bunker clone from The Barkleys. "Just remember Arnie Barkley's bark is worse than his bite."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. emeraldisle

Yes, Pete it's Arnie, and for the reasons you stated. Good job. :) The board is yours.
  4. peterhale

1) I share a job title with J S Bach. Also a name.
    2) Despite being on good terms with my employer, I fear his retribution.
    3) I appear in a pivotal movie, its sequel, prequel and spin-off TV series.
  5. emeraldisle

There was nothing in Bach's bio that provided clues to the right answer. So I'm Stumped.
  6. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Oh, I gleaned this one fast enough: Sebastian the crab, from Disney's The Little Mermaid, and it's derivatives.

Sebastian is a composer / conductor for the Atlantica Symphony, as was Johann Sebastian Bach. Though he seems on good terms with King Triton, his inability to rein in his headstrong daughter Ariel gets him in hot water. And The Little Mermaid marks a point when Walt Disney animation emerged from its Dork Age. :)
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. peterhale

Absolutely correct, The Bunny has nailed it!

In fact, one of Bach's posts was Royal Court Composer to Augustus III, King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania. Sebastian is Royal Court Composer to King Triton (he is introduced as such at the beginning of the concert).

Take it away, OUB!
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  8. oneuglybunny

Yes! I got a PeterHale Mystery Character right. Me feel good now. :D

Well, I've tapped this vein before, but this time, I'll approach from the Dark Side.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated feature film. And once is all he'll get, because he dies in this story. [rip]

2) No doubt about it, this character is a Villain. Very villain; a cold, calculating, ruthless villain, with mooks galore. And, of course, designs on global conquest, pushing his domain ever southward.

3) Since this is an action-adventure film, there's lots of brave men fighting the Forces of Evil. And, by my count, just three females, who don't do fighting. In fact, one presumably dies by tipping over. o_O
  9. emeraldisle

I have a possible answer, but I'm not totally sure.
  10. oneuglybunny

Oh, then I should give better clues to make people surer.

4) Technically, this character is a Prince, because his mother is a Queen. She's proud of her son, because she's getting a bigger queendom from him. :kiss:

5) Now, Avatar The Last Airbender has those "benders," who can manipulate earth / air / water / fire just by wanting to. This character would qualify as a water-bender, and a mighty strong one, since that's how he can steadily expand his realm past all opposition.

6) And Star Wars has the Sith, who can make people choke up and die just by thinking about it. Poor Admiral Ozzel got "retired" that way. And this character made four guys from a neighboring kingdom hack themselves to death. This villain is seriously bad news. :nailbiting:
  11. emeraldisle

Can't find a prince evil enough to do all that. Maybe someone else knows. And I can now rule out the character I was thinking of.
  12. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Sorry, but this is another I'm having trouble with. All of my searches have come up empty.
  13. oneuglybunny

*cries quietly* Last three clues; please don't let me down.

7) This character is rotoscoped, as are most of the main characters. It's a favorite technique of the primary producer / director.

8) The other producer / director is known for his fantasy / cheesecake art, mainly of mighty, muscled warriors and slinky trophy babes.

9) Sean Hannon provides the voice for this character, a man with a short filmography.
  14. peterhale

Ah! That pins it down nicely - but I haven't got a character ready, so I won't take advantage of the time zone difference that means I'm the first to see these clues. I'll answer if no-one else does - but I don't think that will be necessary!
  15. saltyboot

Ok, I think I got it. Is it Nekron from Fire And Ice?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. oneuglybunny

Yes, Saltyboot, this is the ice wizard Nekron, from the Ralph Bakshi (Mister Rotoscope) and Frank Frazetta (Conan Conqueror) production Fire And Ice. Clue 1: Nekron dies from an axe to the brisket. Ow. Clue 2: Nekron has the power to expand his icy domain so that it pushes relentlessly southward, bulldozing all opposition. Clue 3: The three females are Teegra, daughter of the King of Firekeep; her instructor, who goes down from one backhand; and Queen Juliana, who tips over and falls to her doom when the ice cavern collapses. Clue 4: Nekron is the son of Queen Juliana. Bratty punk. Clue 5: Nekron has ice power, sort of like Bobby Drake or Frozone. Clue 6: Four emissaries from Firekeep come to bargain with Nekron; he makes them hack themselves to death with their own swords. Yikes. Clue 7: Ralph Bakshi's at it again, though it adds much to the production. Clue 8: Frank Frazetta, he of the "muscular barbarian and slinky vamp atop mound of bodies" fame. Clue 9: A softball.

Of course, PeterHale knew which character this was. I hope he won't hold back again; despite the lag times, his clues and character selection are top-notch. So, I shall award Saltyboot the shiny +1, and control of the board. :)
  17. saltyboot

Ok, then.

My movie is based on a Russian folk tale.
    I'm often called a fool.
    I went out to see the tzar in order to acquire about my brothers.
  18. emeraldisle

Didn't take long to find this one. It's Ivan, from "The Fool Of The World And The Flying Ship." All clues are self-explanatory.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. saltyboot

Well, you have the right movie but the wrong name. Ivan is not the fool.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. emeraldisle

I stand corrected. He was simply called The Youngest Son, and didn't have a name like he did in the original story.
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.