1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Is this Snorky Snorke?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Yes! I was worried this one would go unanswered! This is Snorky (Yes, this is actually how you spell his name.) from "There's No Such Thing as A Sea Serpent." an episode of Beany and Cecil.

Allow me to elaborate.

Snorky only appeared once on Beany and Cecil.
    2. Beany and Cecil still introduce the short as a "Bob Clampett Cartoon" although they are not seen again afterwards.
    3. He was meant to be a puppet in another show after Beany and Cecil, but that fell flat, so he was animated for an episode.
    4. His mother is a Brontosaurus, and his father is a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
    5. Self explanatory.
    6. The entire episode is sung as a folk song.
    7.Also, self-explanatory, not only the last episode, but the last part of said episode.
    8. The chorus constantly spells out his name as "Big
    S n big O r wee k y"
    9. He is constantly seen scaring various people such as cavemen, and Cleopatra (She was going to kill herself with an asp, but instead
    Snorky frightened her to death. He also flings mudpies and he and his family are seen imitating the Loch Ness Monster in Scotland.

Thanks for bearing with me. Truth is, I've never really watched Beany and Cecil except for maybe one or two episodes on Youtube, and found this one by chance a few days ago. I fell in love with it instantly and wanted to use the character.
  3. saltyboot

Yeah, I never saw Beany and Cecil but there were enough clues that I could figure it out.
    On with the next one.

I'm a pampered pet.
    I end up in the sewers.
    My movie was made by two studios.
  4. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

The only ones I can think don't really fit the clues.
  5. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Might this be Roddy St. James, from Flushed Away?
    Made by Aardman and Dreamworks.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. saltyboot

Yes that is correct, it's Roddy from Flushed Away. Take it away peterhale.
  7. peterhale

Sorry for the delay - here's my next character...

1) In a feature where the main character links the parallel worlds of humans and animals, I am the animal villain.
    2) While the main character goes through their morning routine, I am bamboozled by a version of the old shell game.
    3) I am the finale hurdle to the attempt of friends to rescue the main character.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  8. emeraldisle

Can't say I saw this one. Someone else probably did.
  9. peterhale

No takers? Oh dear.. have some more clues...

4) In reality I am only doing what comes naturally - but in the film I am as malicious as my mistress!
    5) I'll chase any of them - but it's the fat, juicy one I'm especially after.
    6) I take a fall (like my namesake!) but I'm back in the two direct-to-video sequels.
  10. emeraldisle

Aha! Those last three clues did it. It's Lucifer the cat, from "Cinderella."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. peterhale

Lucifer it is - well done Em!

1) Cinderella cares for the birds and mice, who in turn look out for her. In an ingenious sub-plot they make the changes to her mother's ball gown that Cinderella has no time to do, foraging accessories from the Ugly Sisters' cast-offs, - only for the jealous step-sisters to rip it to shreds. When Cinderella is locked in her turret room by her step-mother, it is the mice Jaq and Gus who steal the key and manoeuver it up all the stairs - only to be thwarted by Lucifer on the top landing.
    2) The sequence showing Cinderella going through her morning routine is enlivened by Lucifer's pursuit of Gus, who hides under one of three cups on the breakfast tray. Lucifer tries to pick the right cup while avoiding discovery by Cinderella as she loads the tray.
    3) Trapping Gus (and the key) under a bowl Lucifer defies the combined efforts of the mice and birds. Cinderella gets the birds to fetch her dog Bruno, who routs the cat.
    4) Lucifer is only doing what cats do - hunting mice (and birds) - but his deviousness and cunning, and his dislike of Cinderella, make him the villain of the animal world.
    5) From the moment he first sees the newly-rescued Gus trying to recover his stack of corn, Lucifer focuses his predation on on the plump mouse.
    6) Here Lucifer falls not from Heavenly Grace but the turret window.

You're up again!
  12. emeraldisle

Thanks, Pete. I decided to postpone the character I'd originally planned for my next turn, and go with this one instead:

1. I live alone in a spooky old house, and have a most peculiar tree in my yard.

2. I take a group of youngsters on a journey they won't soon forget.

3. Fittingly, my film is narrated by the author of the original book.
  13. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

After some searching I believe this is Carapace Clavicle Moundshroud from "The Halloween Tree."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. emeraldisle

Fluidgirl, you hit the nail on the head. It is he.

1. He lives alone in that old house, and the tree has pumpkins on its branches.

2. Self-explanatory.

3. The film is narrated by Ray Bradbury, who wrote the book back in 1972.

So you go again, FG. Good job. :)

And yes, those clues were my tribute to the late, great Leonard Nimoy, who voiced the character.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FluidGirl

Here's one, and another favorite character of my sister's.

1. I started out in 1946, as a literary character

2. I made my animated debut in a 1989 special

3. The special I appear in also features classic storybook characters from the same publishers that published my book.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  16. emeraldisle

I'm clueless about this one. Guess I'll have to look for books written in 1946.
  17. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Just to throw out a guess, That Girl in Wonderland, played in live action by Marlo Thomas, and adapted into animation by Rankin Bass Productions in 1973 for ABC television.
  18. FluidGirl

Nope, OUB. Definitely not. I don't have any more clues at the moment, but I'll probably be able to think of some by tomorrow.
  19. peterhale

I think I've tracked this one down - it's Scuffy the Tugboat, from Little Golden Book Land.
  20. FluidGirl

Well, peterhale, you've got the cartoon nailed down, but not the character I'm thinking of. Hmm. Let's see if I can conjure up some more clues so that we can nail down the character.

1. I'm a character of the fuzzy variety

2. My name gives the impression that I am somewhat introverted

3. The Internet LOVES my species!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.