1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Ah, no wrenches to the head today. This is indeed the sinister subversive scoundrel Baron Otto Matic from the Tom Slick segments of the George of the Jungle series, all the products of Jay Ward and Bill Scott. He's another parallel character to Professor Fate, and Matic predates Dick Dastardly by one year. Good thinking, Em, it's worth a new +1, and control of the board. :)
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, OUB. Now for a good one:

1. I was created for the American version of an anime series to make it less graphic.

2. My base of operations is underwater, and appropriately named for a sea god.

3. My late voice actor could be considered the first horse whisperer.
  3. emeraldisle

Ok, I can only provide three more clues:

4. I alert my human friends to alien threats.

5. My voice actor also voiced the youngest team player--the one with the odd speech impediment.

6. My name begins and ends with a lucky number.
  4. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This must be 7 Zark 7 from Battle of the Planets voiced by the late Alan Young. Never heard or saw this series--got the Alan Young clue though.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. oneuglybunny

That would've been my pick, but I've been shamefully hogging the answers. :eek::facepalm::grumpy::unsure: How's the cruise, by the way?
  6. emeraldisle

Yes, Glowworm you got it. Good job. :) . Now to explain:

1. Zark was never in the original "Gatchaman." He, Susan, and the robot dog 1-Rover-1 were included in order to edit out graphic scenes of death and destruction.

2. The base of operations was Center Neptune.

3. Self-explanatory.

4. It was he who alerted G-Force to alien attacks from Spectra.

5. Alan Young was also the voice of Keyop.

6. Self-explanatory again.

So you go again, Glowworm.
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  7. Glowworm

The cruise was great--only a week, mind you, and I have to get back to reality, such as working on some things for my boss. However, I think I can squeeze this one in.
    1. I am the leader of a group of juvenile delinquents.
    2. I've got the name of a playing card.
    3. My group's name is a play on a deadly disease that can result in amputation after frostbite (among other things) and a nickname for a NFL football team.
  8. oneuglybunny

Ace Copular of the Gangreen Gang, a quintet of anarchists that oppose The Powerpuff Girls. Gangrene is a localized infection that tends to necrotize limbs, which necessitates amputation to thwart further spread. Gang Green is also a moniker for the New York Jets football team, since their team colors are green and white.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Glowworm

Indeed, this is Ace of the Gangreen Gang from the Powerpuff Girls. I'm going to guess that his last name is from "School House Rocked" in which the gang has to go to school--Pokey Oaks Kindergarten to be exact.:)
    Anyhow, My first Powerpuff Girls' episode was "Buttercrush" in which Buttercup falls for Ace which he tries to use to his advantage. I always loved that episode--both adorable and funny as Hell.
  10. oneuglybunny

Okay, though my thinking runs along the line of "popular with the cops," seeing as he's a juvenile delinquent. Cops + popular = Copular. I know, I know, I Fail Math Forever. :bag:

Let's try this much nicer character.

1) This character has appeared in two animated features, plus a spin-off cartoon series. Perhaps more, since the studio that created her is still standing.

2) Yes, she's female. Although not the main character, she might qualify as best supporting actress in her universe, though not in ours, of course.

3) By profession, this character is an attorney, which is fortunate for the main character, who has been charged with a crime and needs counsel badly.
  11. emeraldisle

This is another toughie. Can't think of any female attorneys off the top of my head.
  12. oneuglybunny

Oh, then I'd better get more descriptive about this character, then.

4) Fair Play Rule: this character is not human. Not even close. She speaks English just fine, practices law and bends the protagonist's thinking, but nowhere near human. :pics:

5) It's not hard to find the top of this character's head; that's doable. The challenge lies in figuring out where her head ends and her body begins. Good luck with that. :asshat:

6) This character has a tattoo, gotten when she was a young-and-wild child. She currently regards her "tramp stamp" as an Old Shame. :mooning:
  13. emeraldisle

I looked for a nonhuman female attorney with a tramp stamp, and the search led nowhere.
  14. oneuglybunny

Aw, poor Sally Carrera from Pixar's Cars. Nobody luffs her. :bigtears: "Is that a little pinstriping tattoo I see?" / "Oh, that? You saw that?" :oops: Sally acted as defense attorney to Lightning McQueen at his hearing in Radiator Springs.

Hopefully, someone who needs a turn and can pick better characters will come forward. :bag:
  15. emeraldisle

I already have. Here I go.

1. I'm the blonde one of a female trio.

2. I got a name like candy, and can sweet talk the title hero into complying with my plans.

3. If you've figured out who I am, I'll say "Zowie!"
  16. oneuglybunny

Taffy of the Teen Angels; along with Brenda and Didi, they get involved in mysteries similar to those of Scooby Doo, except with the peculiar and haywire Captain Caveman replacing the cowardly Shaggy and Scooby.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB. you nailed it again. It certainly is Taffy Dare. All clues are self-explanatory, so you go again. Good job. :)
  18. oneuglybunny

Oh, surprise, this character has yet to appear on the UCL, already another character by that name has been tapped. Let's hope I get this right.

1) This character appears in two regularly televised animated series, neither of which are still in production. One series, of course, precedes the other.

2) In the first series, this character technically counts as a Good Guy, despite being modeled after a variety of criminal. That same series has a Card-Carrying Villain as the Bad Guy.

3) In the second series, this character definitely counts as a Good Guy, despite being modeled after a variety of criminal. This series also has a different Card-Carrying Villain as the Bad Guy.

3½) In both series, this character is the guy in charge of his band of cohorts. This character barks the orders, and his mooks obey.
  19. emeraldisle

Oh, I know this one for sure. It's Clyde of the Anthill Mob.

1. He was in both "Wacky Races" and "The Perils Of Penelope Pitstop."

2. He was indeed a good guy. Dick Dastardly and the Hooded Claw/Sylvester Sneekly were the villains of the respective series.

3. Self-explanatory.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. oneuglybunny

Awright you'se mugs, this m'stry character has been solved, an' solved good by EmeraldIsle. It's me, Clyde of the Anthill Mob, an approximate parody of Al Capone lieutenant Frank Nitti. As a Wacky Races entrant, Clyde commanded the Bulletproof Bomb, and cheated somewhat to get by, as opposed to Dick Dastardly, who cheated as his raison d'etre. As protectors of Penelope Pitstop, Clyde directed the crew of Chug-A-Boom to save her from the Hooded Claw.

Oh, goodie, I can do good clues. :shame: The board is yours, Em. :)