1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Right, OUB. I decided on Oscar Eve, that character would be the perfect one. Good job. :). Your turn now.
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Oh, we're doing Oscar awards, now? Very well, I can play at that level.

1) This character occurs only once to date in an animated feature film that won an Oscar, and one follow-up short cartoon. So far, that is.

2) Despite some close calls, this character survives to the end of the film, so she could recur. In fact, her creator has stated that a recurrence is likely.

3) This character is female, and human. She's married to a cute guy, and has kids; they're a handful, which makes her get loud.
  3. emeraldisle

I have the answer, but will only post it if no one else gets it.
  4. emeraldisle

Well, since no one else bothered, I'll post away. It's Helen Parr/Elastigirl, from "The Incredibles."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. oneuglybunny

Yep, that's exactly who this is: Helen Parr, better known as Elastigirl, from Brad Bird's Oscar-winning The Incredibles. And the short cartoon Jack Jack Attack. Good sleuthing, Em. :D
  6. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now, in honor of last night. here's a good one:

1. I have a political position.

2. I wear glasses and clothes, but I'm not human.

3. I turn out to be a not so sheepish culprit.
  7. oneuglybunny

Always wanted to say that. :D Don't disappoint me and spell the name wrong.
  8. emeraldisle

This one should have been easy. Three more clues:

4. I'm an unlikely threat to the king of the beasts.

5. I use flower power to get what I want.

6. I'm outsmarted by a cop and a petty criminal.
  9. oneuglybunny

Well, since no one else bothered, I'll post away. This is former deputy mayor Dawn Bellwether of Disney's billion-dollar hit Zootopia, which hit French theaters on 24 February 2016.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB, it's Deputy Mayor Bellwether, hooves down. Never expected to see a ewe so evil. Good job. :). Take it away!
  11. oneuglybunny

Granted, Dawn's kind of plot-twisty, but it makes sense. Beware The Nice Ones is a trope, after all. Do I know a nice one? Not right off the bat, but I do know a Dawn Bellwether Starscream-type.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in a completely animated feature film, plus a derivative video game. He survives to the end of the film, so he could recur.

2) This fellow is human, but not an American. He's the citizen of a foreign nation that's ruled by a king.

3) This character has Dawn Bellwether-like ambitions to seize power in a coup d'état, needing only a pliable dupe to create the means to that end.
  12. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) This character is hailed as the greatest among his peers, and has the annual awards to prove it. Trick is, he's a sham: he's been stealing or plagarizing his way to the top.

5) Naturally, this charlatan tries to inveigle the title character into his web of deceit. When that fails, this character's backup plan is extortion. What a sweetheart.

6) This character was created for an animated feature by a small studio of limited output.
  13. oneuglybunny

Oh dear, cupcake clues time.

7) This character is named for the feeling of amusement in the misery of others, as opposed to sympathy.

8) If this character sounds like an evil baddie, he is. So are his neighbors and colleagues. The whole nation runs on evil, in fact.

9) Debuted in 2008, the first production by the studio that would make an animated feature about crayons in 2014.
  14. emeraldisle

I found the studio, but not the film. All the 2008 releases by Magnolia Studios were live action.
  15. oneuglybunny

Ooh, close. Just that it's not Magnolia Studios; it's the Exodus Film Group. They're kinda rinky-dinky, too.
  16. emeraldisle

Thanks for that final hint, OUB. It's Dr. Schadenfreude, from "Igor."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. oneuglybunny

Yes, this is Doctor Schaenfreude, one of many Mad Scientists from Exodus's Igor. King Malbert decided one day that, rather than being a backward little European country, Malaria should become a superpower. Since there aren't many nuclear scientists running around, Malaria recruits all the other Mad Scientists, wherein they can create monstrosities. Malaria can then demand a reverse ransom on its neighbors: pay us oodles of loot, or we'll turn these horrors loose on you. The neighbors pay up. Good of you to bag Doc S for us, Em. :D
  18. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now for one who's been completely overlooked:

1. I am but one of 13.

2. I choose a most unusual hideout--the funny pages.

3. I seek a key disguised as a pen.
  19. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Ah, this is Demondo from "Scooby in Kwackyland" from The 13 ghosts of Scooby Doo.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. emeraldisle

Yes, Glowworm, it's Demondo. All clues are self-explanatory, so the next turn's all yours. Good job. :).