1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Intermediate clues time:

4) The Cute Critter Sidekick trope applies here: this character gets one. It's one of the few mammals that can fly.

5) There was an actual person in history by this name, who helped plunge his nation into poverty, misery and chaos. The animated version is even eviler, if that's possible.

6) Memorable voice actors in this one, namely Christopher Lloyd and Hank Azaria, among others.
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Just as I thought. It's Rasputin, from "Anastasia."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. oneuglybunny

Yep, that's who this Mystery Character is: the mad monk of Russia, Grigori Rasputin. He sold himself to the Devil in exchange for the power to sunder the Romanov family. He remains for years in limbo, because Princess Anastasia escaped his clutches. It's not until the orphan Anya is discovered by Count Vladimir and Dmitri that Rasputin dares to venture forth to compete his evil eradication as a walking undead bag o' bones. Good thinking, Em. :)
  4. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now for a good one:

1. Officially, I was the last one to join the roster.

2. I was brought in to replace a pair of shapeshifting twins.

3. As per my name, I'm part human, part machine.
  5. emeraldisle

Guess three more clues are required:

4. I join the team a year after one who's two men merged into one.

5. I'm voiced by the fourth Ghostbuster.

6. At the time, my series even had action figures.
  6. emeraldisle

I made the clues as simple as possible, but I guess they weren't simple enough. The answer is Cyborg, from "Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians." Now to blow away the smoke:

1. He was the last one to join the Superfriends, doing so in 1985.

2. He replaced the Wonder Twins, who by then, had overstayed their welcome.

3. A cyborg, of course, is one who's human with mechanical or bionic parts.

4. He came aboard a year after Firestorm, who was a merger of Ronnie Raymond and Professor Martin Stein.

5. He was voiced by Ernie Hudson, who most famously played Winston Zeddemore, the fourth Ghostbuster.

6. There was a Superpowers Team action figure line produced by Kenner.

So since I have no new characters to post today, someone else may take a turn. Happy Martin Luther King Day.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. oneuglybunny

Well, I think I'll step in, and fill in a missing accessory.

1) This character occurs in a regularly televised animated series that's no longer in production by the original studio.

2) Following the Dilbert Principle, this character is the highest-ranking fellow in his universe. He's also the most useless fellow therein.

3) Nobody in this character's universe is human, but everyone speaks English just fine. This character speaks English, too, but with an accent. Because he's just that useless.
  8. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This smells a bit like Super Secret Squirrel's boss, the Chief, a Cape buffalo voiced by the late Tony Jay. I could be totally wrong though...
  9. oneuglybunny

Yow, that's awful close; close enough that I'd be willing to credit The Chief as a right answer. Not the character I had in mind, but The Chief matches the clues. The tiniest point of difference is that The Chief at least assigns agents such as Secret Squirrel to cases / on missions. The Chief may not do any actual spying / villain thwarting, but he's aware of it, and at least manages the crisis through competent underlings. The one I had in mind is much like Alexander Cabot III: all mouth, no spine, pure glitterball.
  10. emeraldisle

I had to check and be sure before posting the answer. It's Mayor Manx, from "SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. oneuglybunny

This is very much Mayor Manx, complete with that accent and speech pattern as though he's a transplant from Oireland. It's the deputy mayor, Callie Briggs that really runs the place, while Manx attends charity golf tournaments and basks in the glory. He's the first to bug out when trouble appears, leaving the villain fighting to the Enforcers and the SWAT Kats. Splendid checking, Em. :)
  12. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB: Now for an easy one:

1. I'm the designated leader of a non-human trio.

2. I'm named after a dance created by Mr. McCoy.

3. I never see my boss, I just hear her voice.
  13. emeraldisle

Three more clues, and then I have to stop:

4. My buddies and I travel by garbage truck.

5. My show turns 40 this year.

6. The others on my show include a nonverbal pair, a cool lion, a ghostly trio, a bumbling posse, and a secret agent pachyderm.
  14. oneuglybunny

Can't let this one go. This must be Hustle of The C. B. Bears. Since the show debuted about the time of McCall's Convoy and Burt Reynolds Smokey And The Bandit, Hustle is likely a "handle," that is, a name used in citizens' band transmissions. His partners are similarly named Bump and Boogie. This trio get their marching orders from the unseen Charlie, in a gender-reversed parody of Charlie's Angels. It's one of many Hanna-Barbera trial balloon series, such as Hey, It's The King (Happy Days parody), Shake, Rattle And Roll (Mickey's Lonesome Ghosts derivative), The Posse Impossible (a Mission: Impossible parody) and Undercover Elephant (an I, Spy spoof).
  15. emeraldisle

10-4, good OUB. You got it and for all the reasons you stated. Good job. :).
  16. oneuglybunny

Thanks. Ah, here's one that's been overlooked somehow. Fixing time!

1) This character has appeared just once so far in a completely animated feature film. It was a secondary role, but one of the hammiest roles in the film, excepting that of The Villain.

2) This character is human, and female. She's also modeled roughly after a real person, with just enough differences to dodge a libel charge.

3) Unless you count hamminess, this character has no superpowers. She has met someone that does, however.
  17. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time:

4) Not only is this character modeled after an actual person, this character's profession is the same. Except taken to extremes.

5a) normally, hitting a superhero is a great way to get punched through a wall. This character smacks a superhero, and receives no consequences.

5b) In fairness, though, the smacking was to emphasize a point, not to injure, incapacitate or otherwise rule the world.

6) Red is the new blue, if this character has any say in the matter. And she does.
  18. Glowworm

Edna Mode--a fashion designer for superheroes from The Incredibles.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. oneuglybunny

Well, of course it is, darling. Who else could it be? This is the fashion designer to the extraordinary, Edna Mode from Pixar's The Incredibles. Edna at one point motivates a waffling Elastigirl by smacking her with a newspaper. Normally, EG would slug someone for that, but Edna? Unthinkable, she wouldn't tolerate it. And Edna updated her design, changing Mister Incredible's blue "hobo suit" into a crimson ensemble. Distantly based on fashionista Anna Wintour. Good solving, Glow. :D
  20. Glowworm

I always loved her. She was so sassy.
    1. Compared to two others of my species, I am the silent one.
    2. I just want to hang out on their special spot.
    3. I always get shooed away.