1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Nice, a lead character. I seem to be stuck in sidekick mode, however. Well, somebody's got to bring up the rear; might as well be me.

1) This character occurs in a regularly televised animated short cartoon series that's no longer in production.

1a) This character's series was regularly packaged with other series by the same studio. Those series, too, are no longer in production.

2) A much more important character gets lead billing, because he's pretty much the face and the figurehead of the kingdom. This character is his Hyper-Competent Sidekick, who at least gets title billing.

3) This character is definitely a Good Guy, and not a stinker.
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This is another one I know, but I'll see if someone else gets it first.
  3. emeraldisle

Ok, since no one answered, I will. It's Odie Colognie, from "King Leonardo And His Short Subjects," AKA, "The King And Odie Show."

1. Self-explanatory.

1a. It was often repackaged with "Underdog" and other Total Television cartoons.

2. King Leonardo, being the ruler of Bongoland, does indeed get top billing.

3. Odie is a skunk. So what's he doing in Africa?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. oneuglybunny

Absolutely, this is the loyal and grounded Odie Colognie from the Total Television series. What's a nice skunk like him doing in Africa's Bongoland? Well, I'd imagine there's a shortage of competent adjutants in Bongoland, and those that are competent and capable have a tendency to be nefarious and subversive. It's a real problem having your Hyper Competent Sidekick be The Starscream as well, y'know?
  5. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now for one who's 100% untapped:

1. I began life in ancient Egypt as a prince.

2. In the modern day, I live in San Francisco.

3. I am pursued by the man who took my previous life, and protected by heroes wrapped in bandages.
  6. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. My series only ran from 1997-98.

5. It was produced by the same studio that produced animated series about a tiny family, an ecological superhero, and a most unusual inspector.

6. My enemy is named for an Egyptian beetle symbol, and also shares his name with a villain from a series about a bionic family.
  7. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Ah, I knew what show this is, had to pinpoint the character. It's Presley Carnovan from the show, Mummies Alive. He is the reincarnation of Prince Rapses and the title mummies are his guardians.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. emeraldisle

Yes, Glowworm, you got it. Good job. :). Now you may post the next character.
  9. Glowworm

Thanks.
    1. I am first seen escaping from prison.
    2. I reach my hideout in the disguise of a woman.
    3. I discover a lookalike and kidnap him and take his place.
  10. emeraldisle

Can't even begin to guess this one.
  11. Glowworm

4. My lookalike is a sweet, shy banker with a stutter.
    5. You can easily tell use apart as I never shave my stubble.
    6. I get caught in the end---but I get the girl!
  12. emeraldisle

Whoever this guy is, I can't even find him on Google. So someone else will post the right answer.
  13. oneuglybunny

Got me blanked, too. If I'd seen this cartoon, I'd-a remembered it, even with a head full of cobwebs.
  14. Glowworm

Last set of clues. Hope I raise a little spark.
    7. The short I'm in is in black and white and from 1937.
    8. None of the characters, me, my gang, the timid bank teller, the girl he crushes on, the customers, or the cops are human. However, my woman disguise is of a human being.
    9. Pigs is a slang term for cops. The cops aren't actually pigs, but me, the teller and the girl are.
  15. emeraldisle

Aha! Public Enemy #1, from "Porky's Double Trouble."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Glowworm

Yep, Public Enemy #1, also known as the Killer from the underrated IMO short "Porky's Double Trouble."
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now for another one for the season:

1. I'm the only bad guy mentioned in the show's opening narration.

2. Most villains are skin and bone. I'm strictly bone, as my name indicates.

3. Like everyone else on the show, I live on a distant planet.
  18. oneuglybunny

Could this be Skeletor, arch-nemesis of He-Man? The Evil Overlord bent on conquering Eternia and overthrowing Prince Adam? The Bad Guy whose face is just a skull, though the rest of his body seems mighty buff. Or are those just mighty thick bones? I'm thinking it is.
  19. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB, it's Skeletor. Good job. :). You may post again.
  20. oneuglybunny

Nice. :) I'm not sure I can scare up a scary character, but this one would be mightily unwelcome.

1) This character began life in comic books, and was later adapted into animation.

2) He's not the main character; that'd be The Hero. No, this character's an unwelcome guest that The Hero has to send back from whence he came.

3) Most villains aim to conquer the Earth, or simply blow it up. This character is 100% trick, 0% treat, being somewhat like the early Daffy Duck, but given the powers of Q.