1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

OUB, you scored again. Good job. :). Next one's all yours.
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Nice. :) Can I tap a similar vein? Let's find out:

1) This character first appeared in a completely animated feature film, then again in a second animated feature film, both by the same studio, of course.

2) This character's appearance in the second feature is merely a cameo, in which she echoes one of her lines from the first feature. It's kind of prophetic, really.

3) Yes, "she." This character is female, I think. She's not human, though, most definitely not. Plus, she has a dual role in the first film: office drudge by day, undercover investigator otherwise.
  3. emeraldisle

I think more clues are needed here.
  4. oneuglybunny

Pardon me, heat wave here.

4) One of the two main characters is convinced that this character is cuckoo. She's not, of course; that's just a façade to explain her vigilance.

5) This character is secretly in charge of a strike force designed to contain and eliminate dangerous contagions and unscrupulous subversives.

6) This character has no legs. Probably not related to Jabba the Hutt. Hutts don't wear batwing spectacles.
  5. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Of course, this is Roz, the secretary from Monsters Inc--and Monsters University.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. oneuglybunny

Yep, this is Roz, seemingly the glowering, obsessive file clerk at Monsters, Incorporated. She's really an undercover investigator trying to discover why materials and monsters are being shunted aside on projects that are "off the grid." Good deduction, Glowworm; have a fresh +1 and control of the board. :) "I'm watching you, Wazowski, always watching."
  7. Glowworm

I got one.
    1. I'm a special variation on a well known, electric rodent.
    2. The difference? I have blue eyes, love to surf and can sense waves--especially if big ones are coming.
    3. I help my owner achieve his dream of conquering a giant wave that only occurs every 20 years.
  8. Glowworm

more clues
    4. Unlike the main protagonist's little yellow guy, I actually have a name.
    5. My name is after a Hawaiian term for shells used for jewelry.
    6. Gotta catch 'em all! (I wasn't caught, though, my owner found me--and I found him.)
  9. emeraldisle

Puka, though I never heard of a Pokémon by that name.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Glowworm

Yes, and time for some explanation.
    Puka is a very special Pikachu from Pokemon Indigo League--episode 69- The Pi Kahuna. Although the little guy is a one-shot character and not much is explained as to why the little guy can sense waves--there is a possibility/theory that he's linked to the new Pokemon Sun/Moon games because there is an Aloan Raichu (In the new game, there are special variations on first generation Pokemon such as an ice Vulpix and Ninetales) that is electric and psychic and surfs on its tail. It also has blue eyes. So perhaps Puka is an Aloan Pikachu. This is also one of the few full episodes I have ever seen. I've always loved Puka.
    Anyhow--the clues.
    1. Puka is a special Pikachu.
    2. Puka has blue eyes, loves to surf, and can sense waves--especially big ones.
    3. Since Puka can sense waves, he can help his owner, Victor discover when the Humonga Dunga--a giant wave that comes every 20 years. He's able to conquer the wave.
    4. Ash's Pikachu does not have a name, this little guy does.
    5. Like Puka shells!
    6. Puka first showed up twenty years ago after Victor failed to conquer Humonga Dunga. He was washed ashore on a raft and jumped into Victor's arms. As Victor put it, "Then I found Puka, or Puka found me."
  11. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now here's one I handpicked that's really untapped:

1. I appear in a direct to video sequel released 25 years after the first film.

2. I perform as part of an unlikely country group seeking a gig at the Grand Old Opry.

3. Coincidentally, I'm named after the Man In Black.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  12. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. I meet the title characters before they grow up to become enemies.

5. My bandmates and I sing about being in harmony.

6. My late voice actor most notably played a dance instructor, a ghost, and a roadhouse bouncer.
  13. emeraldisle

Last three clues:

7. Like the title characters, I'm not human.

8. I convince one of them to join the group, but kick him out later.

9. Eventually, my girl and I reconcile in time to perform for a talent scout.
  14. oneuglybunny

I think you got another Super Stumper here. I tried "Grand Old Opry" and only got a flooded theater and events booking. I think the "Man In Black" is Johnny Cash, but a googling of "Johnny Cash cartoon" only produced an atrocious MS Paint parody of "A Boy Named Sue." *shrugs shoulders*
  15. emeraldisle

Looks like I'll have to post the answer, since no one even took a wild guess. It's Cash, from "The Fox And The Hound 2."

1. It was released in 2006, 25 years after the first movie.

2. Cash's group is The Singing Strays." They want to perform at the Grand Old Opry.

3. Cash is most likely named after Johnny Cash, just as his bandmate Waylon is probably named after Waylon Jennings.

4. The movie takes place while Tod and Copper are still young.

5. The Singing Strays signature song is "We're In Harmony."

6. Cash was voiced by the late Patrick Swayze, best known as the leading man of "Dirty Dancing," "Ghost," and "Roadhouse."

7. Self-explanatory.

8. He convinces Copper to join the group when Dixie leaves, but fires him when he finds out he's not a stray.

9. Cash and Dixie reconcile, and the band reforms just in time to perform for a talent scout, and they land their gig at the Opry.
  16. Glowworm

I actually caught on on this one last night after looking up Patrick Swayze--but was a bit too tired to want to give the answer and after all, I had just won the previous answer.I also thought that someone else may get it.
  17. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I haven't even had the chance to research the answer, I've been so busy the past couple of days.
  18. emeraldisle

In that case, I'll pass the next mystery character on to you. Besides, I can't think of another one right now.
  19. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Very well, here ya go.

I enjoy tormenting a duo.
    However, they get their revenge while I'm trying to make a delivery.
    I appeared in another short with a certain skunk.
  20. Glowworm

This is Wellington the dog.
    1. In "Doggone Cats" Wellington is first seen beating up two cats, Sylvester, and an unnamed orange cat.
    2. Wellington must deliver a package to Uncle Louie and not drop it. The cats attempt to interfere throughout the short. Ironically enough, the package is food for Uncle Louie's two cats. Guess who those are?
    3. Wellington appeared a year later in the cartoon "Odor of the Day" in which an oddly acting Pepe le Pew and him fight over a warm cabin.
    • Winner Winner x 1