1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This is the Hep Cat from the Looney Tunes cartoon of the same name.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

That is correct. Tis the Hep Cat. You're up.
  3. Glowworm

1. I'm the main protagonist of a 1981 fantasy special, loosely based upon a book of the same name.
    2. I am sought after by the princess of the fairy realm to defeat an evil shadow.
    3. Why me? Well, I happen to be a mortal, and the fairy creatures are loosing their powers thanks to the shadow.
  4. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Can't say I remember this one.
  5. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I know the answer, but I'll wait first for I'll be unable to come up with a character in the next couple of days.
  6. emeraldisle

I found it! It's Oisin from "Faeries."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Glowworm

Indeed, this is Oisin from the 1981 special "Faeries" loosely based upon Brian Froud's book of the same name.
  8. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. How about this one?: And believe me, it's totally untapped.

1. I travel in a sub named after Jason's followers.

2. My last name is a unit of measure for the ocean depths.

3. My series was preceded by two others featuring characters with animated lips.
  9. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

The submarine is the Argonaut, its commander is Captain Fathom, and was produced by Cambria Studios, which has also produced Clutch Cargo and Space Angel. Cambria Studios called their signature animation method "Synchro-Vox." This involved filming live actors speaking their lines, then transposing only their mouths onto cel-drawn characters, as opposed to using phonemes. Some describe this process as "innovative;" most describe it as "creepy."
  10. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB, it is indeed Captain Bill Fathom. So you go again. Good job. :)
  11. oneuglybunny

Oh dear, I can't tap into a new vein, but it's one with some memorable characters, so ...

1) This character has appeared only once to date, in a completely animated feature film. He survives to the end of the story, so he could recur.

2) Fair Play Rule: this character is human, mostly. Like 99½% physically human, with one peculiar aberration. As far as what he does, though, he's mightily inhuman: kidnapping, extortion, terrorism.

3) Of course, this character is a Bad Guy. Apparently, he's the most supreme bad guy in the organization. However, it's only his own mooks that get hurt, and his own "toys" that get destroyed.
  12. oneuglybunny

Overdue for Intermediate clues, so here they are:

4) Doctors have a term, heterochromia, for those whose eyes are different colors. House cats occasionally have one blue eye and one gold eye. This character has an extreme case of heterochromia.

5) This villain suffers from Doctor Drakken Syndrome: he can be defeated by a little girl and her faithful doggie. Those villain reunion parties must be awkward.

6) Despite the name, this villain is no relation to the Deputy Mayor of Megakat City.
  13. emeraldisle

Aha! It's Dr. Calico, the villain from "Bolt."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. oneuglybunny

Verily, this is Doctor Calico, the "villain" of the television show Bolt. Of course, he's just an actor playing a role, which is why he cannot overcome young Penny and her wonder dog Bolt. And he has that right eye with a green sclera, just for that extra evilness. Good job, EI. :D
  15. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now for a little fun.

1. I'm pretty tough for a little blue guy.

2. Despite this, I have a heart shaped tattoo.

3. My name is repeatedly mentioned in ads for trash bags.
  16. oneuglybunny

Ticklishly easy, Em: this is Hefty Smurf, from the Hanna-Barbera series The Smurfs that adapted the illustrated books by Péjo. :)
  17. emeraldisle

Yep, that's it all right, OUB. You score again. Good job. :)
  18. oneuglybunny

Nice. :) Oh, surprise; how'd we miss this guy? Well then, it's fixing time.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in a mostly-animated feature film. A few live actors show up for this, but they're mostly bookends to the story.

2) This character starts out as The Hero to his community, only to become a Broken Ace when he's exposed as a fraud.

3) A squad of secondary characters must locate this displaced former hero, and convince him to return to his old job.
  19. Glowworm

Chanticleer the rooster from Rock a Doodle.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. oneuglybunny

Bravo, Glowworm, this is Chanticleer from Don Bluth's Rock-A-Doodle. Chanticleer's job on the farm is to raise the sun when he crows at dawn. That's worth a fresh +1 and control of the board. :)