1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Wow, so very, very close. There was a Bambi II that went direct-to-video. And Bambi has a number of spoofs that got air time. I'm willing to give you a half-point on this one, though I was looking for more than one DTV production, and the cameos are non-spoofs. Let's try again with better clues:

4) Grrl Power! This character is female. She's not very buxom, but she does have nice hips. And pretty shoes. And blistering jealousy.

5) This character is not human. Close, but not quite. Wrong size and wrong mode of travel. Still cute, though.

6) Someone unfamiliar with how this character works might think she has one whopping case of dandruff.
  2. oneuglybunny

Cupcake clues? Okay.

7) She's a blonde.

8) This character is only seen in one outfit, unusual for a girl.

9) She once "pinged" Porky Pig on his nose.
  3. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I tried to find her, but she's my needle in the haystack. Maybe someone else will have better luck.
  4. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Of course! This is Tinkerbell from Disney's Peter Pan.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. oneuglybunny

Hallelujah! I thought I'd gone senile. Yes, this is Disney's Tinkerbell, a pixie that first appears in Peter Pan. She's a pixie, so she's only 3, 4, 5 inches tall. And she has wings, so she can fly, and pretty green flats with puffballs on top. Tink supplies enough "pixie dust" to allow all three Darling children to fly. Her sole outfit is that pastel green décollete number, cut anime high. And at the end of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Tink "pings" Porky Pig on his nose during the iris-out. This is something of a Vanity Plate for Disney works, where Tinkerbell "pings" out the conclusion, especially the televised Wonderful World of Disney. Thank you, GW, for saving poor Tink from the Pit of Forgottenness. :')
  6. Glowworm

Yeah, got thrown off by the "Not human" and "Pinging Porky on the nose" clues at first.
    Anyhow, here's one.
    1. I am the creation of a sadistic young madman.
    2. Despite looking like nightmare fuel, I am friendly.
    3. Although there are several sequels to the movie I am in--I only show up in the first one.
  7. emeraldisle

This calls for some thought. I'll have to Google this one.
  8. Glowworm

more clues
    4. I help the main character save his friend from literally going to infinity and beyond.
    5. My buddies and I also fix that friend's broken arm.
    6. I do not speak, although I do communicate through my arms.
  9. emeraldisle

Clearly, it's someone from the first "Toy Story" movie. Can't think of the right character.
  10. oneuglybunny

Yeah, that's pretty close, Em. This is one of Sid Phillips' toys, the one that seems sort of leaderly. It has a depiliated (hairless) doll's head atop a spider-like Erector set. Woody tends to give nicknames to these characters, such as "Legs" and "Ducky," but I can't recall him naming this character, who resembles nothing so much as an Arachnotron from DOOM.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Glowworm

Correct, Oneuglybunny--while this little guy isn't actually named in the film--his official name is Babyface. I always found him to be pretty cool actually. While he never did appear in any of the other "Toy Story" films, there were some short segments shown on ABC's Saturday morning during commercial breaks called Toy Story Treats around 1996. Some of them had Babyface in them. One had him dancing the Mexican Hat Dance around Woody's hat--only to have completely wrecked it afterwards.
    [​IMG]
  12. oneuglybunny

Nifty. :) And speaking of nicknamers...

1) This character has appeared only once to date, in a completely animated feature film. No live action people in this one at all.

2) This character tends to fling nicknames like Rockefeller flings dimes. One of the main characters in the story gets some of them.

3) Though the terms are derogatory, and this character is adversarial, this is not a villain. Definitely a Good Guy.
  13. emeraldisle

I haven't a clue. Maybe someone else knows.
  14. oneuglybunny

Well, that gets the cryptic clues out of the way. Time now for the intermediate clues. Thinking caps on (the mortarboards with the light bulbs on top).

4) Grrl Power again. This character is female. She dresses properly, so it's not easy to discern her gender. The voice is the biggest clue.

5) How to describe this character? She's a mix of 20% den mother with 80% drill sergeant. She never uses the term "maggot," though.

6) Fair Play Rule: this character is not human. Too big and too fluffy. Do not hug her, unless you have a death wish.
  15. emeraldisle

Still stumped. Someone else should be able to figure it out.
  16. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

The only one I can think of is Tigress from Kung Fu Panda. But she doesn't fit all the clues.
  17. oneuglybunny

Gosh, I'm actually stumping the panelists. Goodie for me. :) But rather than let this one go unguessed, here come the Cupcake Clues:

7) This character gets very little screen time. The main characters hog most of the camera time, as do a few others.

8) This character isn't quite unbearable: she does brighten visibly when one of her pupils shows marked improvement.

9) Fuschia!
  18. emeraldisle

OUB, your entry in the Cartoon Quote game tipped me off. It's the Polar Bear Drill Instructor from "Zootopia."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. oneuglybunny

Precisely why I chose that character to quote. I won't allow myself a tenth clue, and I'd really dislike letting this character go unguessed. This is the drill instructor from Zootopia's Police Academy. Good on you, EI. :D
  20. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now here's the one I accidentally posted in the Quotes Thread:

1. Although I shouldn't be, I'm the BFF of a fox.

2. When some kids come along, I join in their game.

3. I imitate the ruthless tyrant, right down to crying "Mommy!" and putting my thumb in my mouth.