1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This is Louis from "The Trumpet of the Swan."
    I actually never saw the film adaption, but my fourth grade teacher read the story to us outloud.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Aha, from the same people that produced The Swan Princess, this must be Louie from The Trumpet of the Swan, first screen in Australia on Thursday 1 March 2001. Richard Rich and Nest Productions have a thing for swans, apparently. Splendid choice from an untapped source. :D
  3. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I'm going to give Oneuglybunny my turn. I've been a bit busy lately and only wished to make sure this one didn't go unanswered.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. oneuglybunny

Oh my, how very gracious, Glowworm; I appreciate that. And with this opportunity, I intend to query a character that somehow has been overlooked.

1) This character appears regularly in an animated television series that is, at this time, out of production. In fact, this is the series' title character.

2) An alternate name for this series could be Completely Wrong, since this character doesn't behave normally, he's an unnatural color, and he displays very little of the virtue for which he's named.

3) TV Tropes has an excellent term for this character: Weirdness Magnet. Just by existing, all kinds of weirdness happens to this character or to those near him.
  5. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

At any rate, good job, Glowworm. :)
  6. emeraldisle

All it took was a check on Weirdness Magnets to see that it's Courage The Cowardly Dog.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. oneuglybunny

This is very much Cartoon Network's own Courage the Cowardly Dog. No real dog could do many of the things Courage does, such as use a computer. Unless all his fur gets shaved off with a dull razor, no dog is pink, and Courage goes through life quivering and fearful and paranoid. Of course, around Eustace and Muriel Bagge, Courage is justified in being paranoid. Alien invasion? Must be Tuesday. Good research EI. :D
  8. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now here's one I set aside just for today:

1. I'm one of the few female characters in the series.

2. One of the title characters is infatuated with me.

3. The real-life human actress I'm modeled after would be 90 today, had she not passed away prematurely.
  9. emeraldisle

I only have three clues left:

4. I'm a rodent, just like one of the title heroes.

5. My show is a spoof of Batman, right down to being created by the same guy.

6. However, given the population, it could also be considered the ancestor of "Zootopia."
  10. oneuglybunny

Aha, Marilyn Mouse, the movie star satellite love interest to Minute Mouse. Minute Mouse, of course, is the sidekick to Courageous Cat, and both were crated by Bob Kane. Marilyn Monroe was born Tuesday 1 June 1926.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. emeraldisle

OUB, you got it again. Good job. Your turn now. Good job. :)
  12. oneuglybunny

Cool. :) Now, I'm going to tap a Good Guy for a change.

1) This character is a Good Guy in a regularly televised animated series about Good Guys battling Bad Guys.

2) At one point, this character got stars in his eyes, so to speak, and embarked on a solo career. Not helping was one of his teammates acting as personal trainer / manager.

3) If this character seems familiar, well ... bloodlines, and all that. Plus, he shares the same studio brand as his ancestor.
  13. emeraldisle

Aha! I know this. Slam Tasmanian, from "Loonatics: Unleashed."
  14. oneuglybunny

Yes, it is Slam Tasmanian. One episode had him lured away from the team into Ultimate Fighting, an underground version of Mixed Martial Arts. Danger Duck went along as Slam's "manager," aiming to bask in the second-hand glory. Good job, you're up. :)
  15. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Time again to venture forward into the untapped:

1. I'm one of many one or two shot characters in a show devoted to made for TV shorts.

2. I provoke a dog in the summertime.

3. My name may make you think of a detective created by Spillane, or a classic Peter Gabriel song.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  16. emeraldisle

Tough one, isn't it? How about these clues?:

4. In my second cartoon, I hide out in a mailbox.

5. My species is the only marsupial known to exist in North America.

6. My show has also introduced an unlikely superhero trio, an egotistical guy, and a kid wh0 has his own laboratory.
  17. oneuglybunny

Okay, number 1 sounds like Cartoon Cartoon or What A Cartoon from Cartoon Network, back when they wanted to air fresh material from up-and-comers instead of recycling their archives. Number 2, according to cartoon physics, is a great way to lose weight from the glutes. Number 3 refers to author Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer, private detective; the Peter Gabriel song is "Sledgehammer," with a marvelous video of stop-motion animation. Number 4 hints that this character is diminutive, though not necessarily. Remember: in cartoonland, an elephant can hide behind a lamppost. Number 5 reminds that the best known marsupial in North America is the opossum, which looks a lot like Simon Bar Sinister's lab rat. Number 6 reminds that Cartoon Network also debuted Genndy Tartakovsky's The Justice Friends and Dexter's Laboratory, as well as Van Partible's Johnny Bravo.

Therefore, throwing "cartoon cartoon opossum into the search engine produces Sledgehammer O'Possum, created by Patrick Ventura.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB, it's he, and for all the reasons you stated. You go again. Good job. :)
  19. oneuglybunny

Thanks, EI. Oh, here's one that's been neglected. Fixing time.

1) This character occurs in a regularly televised animated series that's still in production. Surprise, something current!

2) Much like Stu and Bonnie Hopps of Zootopia, this character works in agriculture, producing food for everyone else.

3) Nice hat.
  20. emeraldisle

I don't actually follow the current cartoons, so I'll let someone else answer.