1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

"Mouse-Knuckle Sandwich"

Discussion in 'Mystery Cartoon' started by Spooky#1, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Spooky#1

Spooky#1 Member Forum Member New Member

There was a cartoon from back then where one of the main mouse characters would threaten the other with a "Mouse-Knuckle Sandwich" but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the characters or the title(s) of the cartoon(s). Any help and history would be helpful. I thought the characters were "The Honeymooners" mice but the one I found and watched was missing the key mouse-knuckle sandwich line.
    Being 62 I grew up during the nuclear monsters era with Friday evening through the Saturday's "Late", "Late-Late" and "Late-Late-Late Show" being the most treasured part of the week for we kids. We would spend the week parroting the Three Stooges and perusing the newspaper TV section to see what creepy delight might be airing on Shock Theater or later Chiller, both hosted by Gregory Grave. Saturday morning was "For Kids Only" being nothing but cartoons until the afternoon. Saturday afternoon we had a choice of "Son of Chiller" hosted by Penny Dreadful, "The Witching Hour" hosted by Marilyn the Witch and later in the evening "Chiller". With only three and then later four stations and no way to record anything short of using either a 8mm or 16 mm movie camera to film the the television itself when we weren't checking the TV listings for future airings. By the way, there were a few families who forbade the children from watching the Three Stooges either because of the violent content or fear that their children would morph into the fourth "Stooge". It was also the time before the creation of the politically correct and censored cartoons so we saw all of the WWII propaganda 'toons and thankfully more than a few fans have rescued and made them available.
    Something was lost when home recording came about, sorta like being so wealthy that one can have anything, the challenge was lost and this old saying covers that pretty well,......"wanting is so much more gratifying than having", or something like that. I'm not saying there is no satisfaction in acquiring a thing one desires but the journey to get it is what I remember the most. Sure wish I had used my allowance back then to stock up on Aurora Model Kits and the early Marvel comics which reminds me of a friend that would pick up the latest issue of Famous Monsters of Filmland at the local drugstore and we would all gather around to look at while coveting the monster masks in the back pages.
    Thanks for the help...................
  2. Spooky#1

Spooky#1 Member Forum Member New Member

Please delete this, I double posted.
    Sorry and thanks!