1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Mickey Mouse returns in 2D June 28 2013!

Discussion in 'Disney / Pixar' started by Dave Koch, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Dave Koch

Dave Koch Cartoon Admin

Believe or not, cartoon lovers, I read an article from March 12, 2013 stating that Mickey Mouse is returning in 2D with 19 shorts on the Disney Channel!

It will combine traditional animation along with a few modern twists!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Intern Forum Member New Member

Bumping this thread because it needs more love, and rightfully so because I love these shorts and I'm sure almost everyone does!!!

My only hope though is that there's one with Roger Rabbit and Bonkers D. Bobcat (they're long overdue for a comeback).

At any rate, here's the latest short that aired last night, Wish Upon a Coin (directed and storyboarded by William Reiss and co-starring Pete, Snow White, and The 7 Dwarves!):
  3. Nailwraps

Reminder, Movie Time airs tonight!
  4. Nailwraps

Clay Morrow directs, storyboards, and co-writes the next Mickey short, Shifting Gears.
    I couldn't decided whether to laugh or gasp at concussed Mickey's link "Is that you, Walt?"

Also, here's last week's short directed by Dave Wasson:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nailwraps

Reminder!!! The first half-hour special Wonders of The Deep airs tonight on Disney Channel at 8:30!!!
  6. Nailwraps

The latest shorts:

Wonders of The Deep

Road Hogs
  7. Nailwraps

The latest short; Ku'u Lei Melody!:

8. Pradeep

Pradeep Member New Member

I think this was one of the oldest cartoon charter. Love watching it.
  9. Nailwraps

A half-hour (you read right, I checked my cable provider) Mickey Mouse Christmas Special, Duck the Halls, is airing on December 12th!!!:
  10. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

In a way, I can't wait for the Mickey Mouse Special. I'll see it next week and it looks like poor Donald sneezes his feathers off!
  11. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but it seems the Walt Disney Company has engineered a marvel: they've split Mickey Mouse into into three parallel characters. Mickey One is the Mickey Mouse Club / House of Mouse / toddler-safe Mickey Mouse, designed to introduce himself to the newest audience, and welcome them to the Disney Empire. Mickey Two is the corporate mascot, the usually silent but affable everyman that welcomes the suckers, er tourists, to Disneyland and Disney World. Mickey Three is the new animated version that hews much closer to his anti-hero origins, a nice enough mouse at the outset, but a force to be reckoned with when he or his friends have been wronged. Mickey Three is the Justified Vigilante, stealing the thunder from Bugs Bunny's Karmic Trickster mechanism. Which, I'll admit, is ingenious; Mickey Three is an actual American cartoon character, full of thud wham boom crash, and all the other "rules" that Tex Avery demonstrated.

No wonder Mickey Mouse shows no sign of aging out: they've cloned him!
  12. Nailwraps

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. MrCleveland

I thought Duck the Halls was a tad insane. They made Donald Duck more like Daffy Duck.

And I hope there's Donald Duck only EPS in the 2017 Mickey Mouse cartoons.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nailwraps

I feel the same way about Roger Rabbit.
  15. Nailwraps

16. Nailwraps

Swimmin' Hole airs June 9th at 1:27pm according to ToonZone
  17. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Clearly, the Disney Corporation is not going to let their flagship character sink into the mothballs. Regardless of anyone's opinion of the mundane mouse, he's still getting in front of a camera and being seen. Which is going to sustain Mickey Mouse as a licensing juggernaut. Where's Bugs Bunny, anyone remember him? What happened to Shrek? The closest contender as of this post is Blue Sky Studios' Ice Age trio: Sid, Manny and Diego. The Mouse has a huge head start, and he's not looking back. Well, good for him. :)
  18. Nailwraps

19. Nailwraps

Coming August 29th (special thanks to Jerry Beck)!

Attached Files:

20. MrCleveland

I now feel that Scooby-Doo is the WB spokesperson...it makes money!

At least with Disney, if it doesn't make much money, they never have It as an afterthought.