1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Fire in the Hole!

Discussion in 'Cartoon Trivia' started by Dave Koch, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Dave Koch

Dave Koch Cartoon Admin

Or...Butts on Fire, or (Insert funny pun here).

I've seen this more than once in a cartoon where a cartoon character would have his butt on fire. Like in one scene in "Roger Rabbit" where Yosimite Sam jumped-up and said 'My biscuits are burning! My biscuits are burning!'

Oh and there's like a million of these!

-------------------------

Thank God for kids who love obscure things-Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
  2. Kostas

Kostas Newbie New Member

Does anybody know any other examples of this trope it's my favourite
  3. mreiof

mreiof Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member

[welcome] Greetings, Kostas. Welcome to the BCDB Forum!
    This is my favorite trope, too. And in cartoons, a fan might think that butts existed for the express purpose of being set on fire! (I know I do.)
    Here are two very popular examples from the "classic" era, and both involve ducks. The first is Hawaiian Holiday (Disney, 1937), in which Donald Duck dances his hula within range of a crackling bonfire, igniting his grass skirt. The fire spreads to his tail feathers, resulting in Donald doing the hula with his fanny on fire!
    The other example is the climax to Dime To Retire (WB, 1954), where crooked hotelier Daffy Duck gets his just deserts when his mischief backfires and sends him running from his blasted motel with (yes) his fanny on fire. Before he launches into his fiery run, Daffy utters the line, "A little traveling music, please."
    Both of these cartoons were widely aired in pre-internet days and are available now in DVD collections—you can acquire more info here with a search on the Database. But if you are new to these toons, here are a couple of links on DeviantArt for a visual reference (with a little Photoshop embellishment by Yours Truly). Hope this was a helpful start!
    Donald's fire-hula by mreiof on DeviantArt
    Daffy_Dime To Retire by mreiof on DeviantArt
  4. Kostas

Kostas Newbie New Member

That's very nice do you know any examples involving a female character?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2023
  5. Kostas

Kostas Newbie New Member

That's very nice do you know any examples of this happening to female characters?
  6. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

As far as female characters go,none immediately come to mind, though I'm sure Popeye's girl Olive Oyl has probably been in a similar situation. I do remember a cartoon, "An Itch in Time",where a flea started a campfire near the butt of Elmer Fudd's dog.As the dog is rubbing his rear end along the floor trying to put it out,he stops to remark,"Say,I better cut this out,I might get to like it!".
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mreiof

Bill Lewis is quite correct in mentioning Olive Oyl. Look for the cartoon "Fireman's Brawl" (Paramount, 1953) in which Popeye and Bluto are rival firefighters vying for Olive's attention. There is a scene in which she has her fanny repeatedly set on fire. :kiss:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kostas

Kostas Newbie New Member

Thank you so much this is perfect do you happen to know anything else?
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. mreiof

Hot-butt moments for females are few and far between, but a recent example appeared on the New Looney Tunes feat. the seldom-seen Petunia Pig. In "Petunia And The Squirrel" (WB, 2021; Season 1, Ep. 30), the pigette is a determined shutterbug whose attempts to photograph an elusive squirrel leads to her suffering all kinds of classic-era toon mayhem, including getting her ham flame-roasted while stuck in a rooftop chimney. Briskly animated and notable for having a female as the butt of the joke.
  10. Kostas

Kostas Newbie New Member

Nice if anything else comes to mind let me know please