1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

DuckTales reboot coming 2017

Discussion in 'Disney / Pixar' started by Nailwraps, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Intern Forum Member New Member

Because I want to inform people on this board too, the DuckTales reboot is coming to Disney XD in 2017 (same year the original series turns 30). Today, the voice cast was announced in the coolest way possible:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

I sooooo hope Donald Duck gets more showing on this DuckTales.
  3. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but I'm all for David Tennant as Scrooge McDuck.
  4. Nailwraps

5. Glowworm

David Tennant is perfect as Scrooge McDuck.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

And they've brought back Launchpad. "Oh no, the ground!" Like it's a recurring nemesis, neatly summed up in four words. :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MrCleveland

Looks like we will be getting Donald Duck!

I wonder what hi-jinks he'll be in?
  8. Nailwraps

9. Glowworm

Sounds like a pretty awesome voice cast if you ask me. However, I hope they eventually put Magica Despell in as well.
  10. MrCleveland

There's six one minute clips on the Disney XD page.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. MrCleveland

Now there's an app that you can make your own DuckTales duck. This guy kinda revamped the Donald Duck duck...

12. Nailwraps

Whole smorgasbord of stuff!:

Sneak peek of first episode (premiering next month!):

And all the D23 info via Disney Television Animation News!:

"DUCKTALES PANEL
    PREVIEW FOR BIG HERO 6 THE SERIES, NO COUNTRY CLUB PREVIEW
    Sean Jimenez says they went back to the original comics and wanted to recreate the lo...ok of old comics.
    Ben Schwartz has a little Dewey on his shirt!
    We’re so blessed to have this amazing cast because they feel like a family. It’s the core of everything. - Frank Angones
    The new DuckTales show will start with Huey, Dewey, and Louie not knowing they are related to Scrooge McDuck says Matt Youngberg
    “When I was a kid coming home from school, hearing the theme song was the first happy moment of my day.” Beck Bennet
    I definitely went “wooo hoooo hoooo” for Jewish hahaha by Ben Schwartz
    Dewey wants to stand out as the middle child. Louie is the laid back one. Huey is the DuckScout
    The new Webby on DuckTales is a “total bad ass”
    New adventures will have references to cult & 80’s movies creators grew up with. John Carpenter films mentioned
    “Launchpad doesn’t even think he does a bad job. Even when he crashes. It doesn’t even come into his brain”
    “For 2 years of my life my ringtone was The Moon Theme from the video game. It’s still on my phone.” by Ben Schwartz
    Ludwig Von Drake is confirmed in the new DuckTales + Beakly and Scrooge’s past
    “We wanted to represent a world that kids see around them every day, even though it’s a bunch of ducks."
    Creators have said they want to mine the vast DuckTales history for characters before they create new ones.
    Ludwig von Drake will appear in a "60’s flashback” and the Pogo Cane!
    “I love that Launchpad is never down on himself. He’ll crash a plane and be like, I did such a great job!” by beck bennett
    Mr Frank Angones says Lin Manuel loves DuckTales so much he sang “The Moon Theme” first day of recording Gizmoduck!
    “Beaks are really hard, you guys. Don’t get into the duck drawing business.”
    Kate Micucci has made Webby the kind of girl adventurer so often missing from animated spaces. She creates full characters in her head. Takes the boys on single handedly but is also a key member of the group.
    Will we see Darkwing Duck in DuckTales? Hmmmm. from Frank Angones & Matt Youngberg
    Dude Lin Manuel say “Blathering blatherskite!” for the first time in the DuckTales animatics they showed us and I AM HYPED
    The Reboot will reference original cartoons. A couple of episodes will be “reboots” of creator-favorite episodes.
    Duckworth will be in the series as well! Remember him in Treasure of The Lost Lamp?!"
  13. MrCleveland

There's going to be a DuckTales marathon on Saturday on Disney XD.

I hope the TV movie can be upstreamed on Sunday....
  14. MrCleveland

I saw some of the pilot of DuckTales and I have this to say...
    [​IMG]
  15. Nailwraps

September's episodes have been revealed via Disney Television Animation News:

Saturday, September 23
    Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney XD
    DuckTales “Daytrip of Doom!”
    (7:00 – 7:30 A.M. EDT)
    The nephews take Webby to Funso’s Fun Zone and have a dangerous run-in with the Beagle Boys.
    *Margo Martindale (“The Americans”) recurs as Ma Beagle.
    TV-Y7

DuckTales “The Great Dime Chase!”
    (7:30 – 8:00 A.M. EDT)
    Louie accidentally spends Scrooge’s Number One Dime and turns to mad inventor Gyro Gearloose for help to get it back, while Dewey and Webby become entangled in a conspiracy.
    TV-Y7

Saturday, September 30
    DuckTales “The Beagle Birthday Massacre!”
    (7:00 – 7:30 A.M. EDT)
    After crashing Ma Beagle’s birthday party, Webby and new mysterious friend Lena must fight their way through Beagle Boy turf to get back home.
    TV-Y7
  16. Nailwraps

17. Furienna

Furienna Intern Forum Member New Member

I have to say that I like what I have seen this far, but... I still don't get why they had to change Fenton's ethnicity and his job. He was my favorite character in the original show from the late 80's, so this just rubs me the wrong way.
  18. MrCleveland

I would like to see José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles in DuckTales.

Who should voice them? Fred Armisen as José Carioca and Carlos Alquazari as Panchito Pistoles?
  19. Nailwraps

20. MrCleveland

I hear there's gonna be new DuckTales cartoons as well.