1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Complete Correct Episode Order for The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show

Discussion in 'Additions, Corrections, Comments or Suggestions' started by Mario, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Mario

Mario Apprentice Forum Member New Member

Here is the complete correct order for the segments of the remaining episodes of both Scooby and Scrappy-Doo and Richie Rich when they were part of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show (and Scrappy, Too!):

Episode orders go like this:
    Scooby & Scrappy-Doo (1 of 3)
    Richie Rich: Riches
    Richie Rich: Gems (interstitial)
    Scooby & Scrappy-Doo (2 of 3)
    Richie Rich: Treasure Chest
    Richie Rich: Gems (interstitial)
    Scooby & Scrappy-Doo (3 of 3)
    Richie Rich: Zillion-Dollar Adventures

Season 1 (1980-1981)
    8 (1x08). Scooby's Swiss Miss/Poor Little Richbillies/Et tu, Scoob?/Chowhound/Soggy Bog Scooby/Mystery Mountain (1/17/1981)
    9 (1x09). South Seas Scare/Wiped Out/Alaskan King Coward/Welcome Uncle Cautious/Scooby Gumbo/Disaster Master (1/31/1981)
    10 (1x10). Moonlight Madness/The Most Unforgettable Butler/Way Out Scooby/TV Dollar/Strongman Scooby/Disappearing Dignitaries (2/7/1981)
    11 (1x11). Scooby at the Center of the World/Prankster Beware*/Scooby's Trip to Ahz/Clothes Make the Butler*/Dog Tag Scooby/Phantom of the Movies* (2/14/1981)
    12 (1x12). A Fright at the Opera/Cave Boy Richie/The Invasion of the Scooby Snatchers/Young Irona/Scooby and the Bandit/The Great Charity Train Robbery (2/21/1981)
    13 (1x13). Robot Ranch/It's No Giggling Matter/Scooby Dooby Guru/Baseball Dollar/Surprised Spies/The Sinister Sports Spectacular (2/28/1981)
    * Uncertain about segment order for episode 11 of Richie Rich due to the fact every link I could find for it points to episode 12.

Season 2 (1981-1982)
    14 (2x01). Scooby-Nocchio/The Chef's Watch Dog/Scooby's Roots/Schoolhouse Romp/Lighthouse Keeper Scooby/Space Shark (9/19/1981)
    15 (2x02). Excalibur Scooby/I Want My Mummy/Scooby's Luck of the Irish/Canine Cadet/Scooby's Escape from Atlantis/Richie of the Round Table (9/26/1981)
    16 (2x03). Rickshaw Scooby/Tooth is Stranger than Fiction/Scooby Dooby Goo/Butlering Made Easy/Backstage Scooby/Voodoo Island (10/3/1981)
    17 (2x04). Scooby Saves the World/Bye-Bye Baby/Scooby's House of Mystery/A Special Talent/Sweet Dreams Scooby/Villains, Incorporated (10/10/1981)
    18 (2x05). Hardhat Scooby/Chilly Dog/Canine to Five/Rich Mice/Sopwith Scooby/King Bee (10/17/1981)
    19 (2x06). Hothouse Scooby/Money Talks/Scooby-Doo 2000/An Ordinary Day/Punk Rock Scooby/Mischief Movie (10/24/1981)
    20 (2x07). Pigskin Scooby/Carnival Man/Scooby and the Beanstalk/The Day the Estate Stood Still/Tenderbigfoot/Dog Gone (10/31/1981)
    21. (2x08) A Fright at the Opera/Around the World on Eighty Cents/The Invasion of the Scooby Snatchers/No Substitute for a Watch Dog/Scooby and the Bandit/Robot Robber (12/19/1981) -- the Scooby episodes were repeats from episode 12.

~Ben
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. Mario

Please delete this particular reply... my info for episode 21 is corrected now.

~Ben
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. RascalsFan84

RascalsFan84 Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

Regarding Episode 20: I thought "Dog Gone" was the Treasure Chest segment, and "The Day the Estate Stood Still" was the Zillion Dollar Adventures segment? I do know that the Treasure Chest segments most often centered around Dollar the Dog or Cadbury.
  4. Mario

The Zillion-Dollar Adventures segments are the ones that conclude the series, running roughly 11 minutes long.

~Ben
  5. Mario

Here's that episode for you to gloss over what I mean:
    Richie Rich S02E07 - Dog Gone Carnival Man The Day the Estate Stood Still - Animmex

~Ben
  6. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Dang, good reference. Networks rarely keep detailed records of which programs they air / in what order for all that long. And though Hanna-Barbera did keep track of which episodes / series were produced, there's no guarantee a network will play them in that order. Bits and pieces from taping, or old TV Guide listings go a long way toward spackling the gaps and righting the air dates for these shows. Good sleuthing, Ben.
  7. Mario

No problem!

~Ben
  8. Mario

There's something else I've noticed about episode 2x06 in syndication: the first "Gems" short segment we see mistakenly uses the bumper theme from Scooby & Scrappy-Doo!

The premise of each segment went like this:
    "Riches": stories centering around threats to Richie and his family.
    "Gems": short, humorous stories based upon the single-page stories from the Richie Rich comics.
    "Treasure Chest": a short story centering around Dollar and/or Cadbury the Butler.
    "Zillion-Dollar Adventure": the epilogue of each episode, these long segments featured Richie Rich and his friends fighting master criminals, aliens and other villains who pose threats to the world.

~Ben
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  9. RascalsFan84

Actually, I remember seeing a few episodes of "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" one time, and if I recall, the third Scooby segment aired after Richie Rich Treasure Chest. The second Richie Rich Gems skit aired after the third Scooby segment, and then the Zillion Dollar Adventures segment.
  10. Mario

I need to correct myself regarding episode 2x03: the Riches segment of the week was called "Dollar Watching."

So, correct this order (episode 2x03 aired October 3, 1981) to:
    Rickshaw Scooby/Tooth is Stranger than Friction/Scooby Dooby Goo/Dollar Watching/Backstage Scooby/Voodoo Island

~Ben
  11. RascalsFan84

I also find that many of the "Zillion Dollar Adventures" segments involve traveling outside the United States. One or two of them involve a fictional overseas country, such as Shirik; and at least three take place in outer space.

One segment, "The Maltese Monkey", aired on episode 7 during Season 3 (when it was part of "The Pac-Man/Little Rascals/Richie Rich Show"), and later rebroadcast on episode 12 during Season 4 (when "Pac-Man" was replaced by "Monchhichis"), was more of a detective mystery, with much of the segment taking place in Richville, primarily the Rich Mansion. Richie and Gloria acted as sleuths, and Dollar was sniffing out clues a la Scooby-Doo. And Richie explained the mystery like Velma Dinkley previously did (and eventually Daphne Blake). Though unlike Scooby-Doo, the culprit never wore a mask.

I find that many of the stories in the Richie Rich cartoon series had similar titles as in the ones recently published by Harvey Comics at the time of production, but while H-B only licensed the characters (albeit with a significant new look for the kids), the animated segments could not be a blatant copy of the comic book version, but had to add a few twists, or do a completely different storyline.

However, I do not recall there being any comic book versions of "The Maltese Monkey", "Dollar Watching" or "Prankster Beware", but then again, Grand Comics Database has a lot of issues from 1979 through 1982 that have yet to have data added to. I happen to order Richie Rich comics through eBay, and I either use the stories as ideas for an animated series of a different kind that I am producing, or enter the data from the issue's stories into the Grand Comics Database assuming that data was not submitted by others by that point. Season 4 used original H-B versions of stories along with stories based on comic book versions released during Harvey Comics' final year of publications, 1981-1982.

I do know "Richie Rich Profits" is two issues short of having that series fully catalogued on the GCD, and there are some series that have a lot of issues not entered yet (particularly "Richie Rich Jackpots"). Some of the short-lived series, such as "Richie Rich and Reggie", "Richie Rich Inventions", "Richie Rich and his Girl Friends", and "Richie Rich and Jackie Jokers" are completed. However, at least one long-running series, "Richie Rich Bankbooks", is completed on that site, and it makes sense, since I do have access to the entire run. However, despite that I have the entire run of "Richie Rich Gold and Silver", that series has a lot of issues with no data submitted to the GCD. I may need to get a push on it.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020