1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Sorry, but I can't cure your headache. I checked all the 2003 deaths on Wikipedia, and read some of the bios, but couldn't find the one who played a mouse.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

No prob, Em I, the headache's gone (aspirins, fresh air, sit still). Further, I really don't want this to be another stumper, so if three more clues become necessary, I'll include references that'll ice this Mystery Character. :)
  3. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

This wouldn't happen to be Roy Knable from "Stay Tuned," would it?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. oneuglybunny

Oh yes it would, FluidGirl; verily it would be Roy Knable. Most of the comedy movie Stay Tuned is live action, about a couch potato husband who signs up for a "special" package of 666 channels. He gets sucked in, literally, to programming meant for Satan. At one point, Roy gets converted into a cartoon mouse, and has to flee for his life from a cartoon robot cat. The late John Ritter played Roy Knable, and Pam Dawber played his wife, Helen. The animation was done by Chuck Jones, who ran his own studio at the time. Good going, FG; collect another +1 for the trophy case, and take control of the board.
  5. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I thought it might be that actually--but at the time, there weren't enough clues to verify it--and I was away at work.
    While I haven't seen this movie, I've seen the cartoon segment--it's rather cute. "Kids, don't try this at home."
  6. oneuglybunny

I know, right? It must've been a head-bender-and-a-half for poor Helen, who reminds herself that she's a human mother with two wonderful children, and opens her wallet to view her kids' photos ... and the kids are cartoon mice, too. That'll mess up any mother. :woot:
  7. FluidGirl

All right, onto what I like to call the Vault of Obscurity . . . . .

1. My show was one of the first to air on the Fox Kids block when the block first premiered

2. For a show that was billed as a comedy series, it sure took a turn into the creepy and supernatural all the time

3. My first name is defined as being stubborn, but I'm not. My last name is the same as a Footloose Hollow Man.
  8. emeraldisle

Found it! It's Pighead Bacon, from "Piggsburg Pigs!"

1. It was one of the first shows from Fox Kids, back in 1990.

2. The show often had supernatural themes.

3. "Pigheaded" means stubborn, and Kevin Bacon was in both "Footloose" and "Hollow Man."
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  9. oneuglybunny

I did the same checking and found Piggsburg Pigs, which led me to Pighead Bacon, one of three brothers that defend the family farm from the Wolf brothers. Originally produced by Joe Ruby and Ken Spears, who got their start at Hanna-Barbera, the series was absorbed by Saban Entertainment, which in turn was bought out by the Walt Disney Company. Politics and cartoons make strange bedfellows.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. FluidGirl

Correct, Em! "Piggsburg Pigs!" was an obsession of mine when I was eight years old, and Pighead was my favorite character from it, and I was thinking about this particular show all week. I doubt it'll ever come to DVD, though. Actually, I'm kind of glad you got it, I didn't think I'd be able to come up with three more clues!
  11. emeraldisle

Thanks, Fluidgirl. But truth be told, OUB posted the right answer while I was editing. So officially, the next turn is his.
  12. FluidGirl

I saw OUB's post below yours, Em, which made me think you got it first, but if it's OUB's turn, it's OUB's turn, then.
  13. oneuglybunny

Such laudable integrity and honesty; no wonder I like this forum so much. :) So, I must find a Mystery Character that also has integrity. Bingo!

1) This character has appeared twice, in two separate series that share a universe. It's like the A New Hope / The Empire Strikes Back / Return of the Jedi, followed by The Phantom Menace / Attack of the Clones / Revenge of the Sith. The second series is a prequel to the first.

2) This is an anime series, both of them. The anime came first, then the comics, then the game, all from late 2012 through 2013 into early 2014.

3) Reluctant Hero might best describe this character, since she (yes, a girl) came to the setting to get away from it all. Fate, however, has other plans. When it's not her friends and associates pleading and cajoling, it's other peers using strong-arm tactics to thrust this character into the leadership role.

And I'd better include one more clue, because there's so many anime series with Reluctant Heroes that there's going to be multiple Correct Answers.

3½) You think girls can be just as competitive as boys in scholastic sports? You ain't seen nuthin' yet!
  14. emeraldisle

There are so many anime series from the past three years, that I just couldn't find the right one. Besides, the threat of a blizzard may make it hard for me to play for a few days.
  15. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Hmmm. This is going to be hard since I don't watch anime. I'll keep looking though.
  16. FluidGirl

I'm not much of an anime fan, so I definitely wouldn't know.
  17. oneuglybunny

Okay, hint taken. Time to put this Mystery Character squarely in your gunsights.

4) Once upon a time, this character played on a championship team for a prestigious school. However, when she did "the right thing" during a match, it was treated as an egregious dereliction, which took all the fun out of the sport. Thus, this character transfers to a lowly school to escape the stigma of her playing days.

5) They're a tight-knit bunch at the new school. When this character gets bullied and strong-armed into joining the school team, her two close friends rally to her defense, daring to oppose the Absurdly Powerful Student Council. However, rather than see her new friends suffer for her truculence, this character agrees to join the team, and become its lynchpin.

6) Normally, when girls fight, there's the flailing and the clawing and the clothes-ripping and the hair-pulling. Not here: when these girls fight, they shoot at each other! With some mighty big guns, too. Fortunately, they use Magic Bullets that, at worst, leave bruises and smudges. Nobody dies or even bleeds. :)
  18. emeraldisle

I give up. I looked up every possible lead, and there was nothing.
  19. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Something about these clues seem very familiar. I think I saw part of this one. Time to wrack my brain.
  20. emeraldisle

I found one possible answer, but I'm not totally sure about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.