1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I'll have to check all animated/live action films for this one. I'm totally stumped.
  2. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I don't believe I've ever seen this movie. I'm having a hard time finding a candidate.
  3. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Nope, not gonna happen, this ain't no "unguessed" monstrosity. Nuh-uh, youse noids is gonna get this one, so's I doan havta get ruff wit' yous.

7) Some significant names among Hollywood actors appear in this character's film. It's likely an old shame for all of them. At least it's not as bad as Johnny Suede.

8) This character intended to arrest and imprison the devious villain in this film. Instead, he ends up imprisoned himself, in a compartment way smaller than anything in the Real World. He's able to escape after his boss dies.

9) "G'bye, folks. Have a nice life."
  4. emeraldisle

I put this one out of my memory banks after seeing it, but it must be Nails The Spider, from "Cool World."
  5. oneuglybunny

Ah, at last, someone gets it. Yes, EmeraldIsle, this is Nails the spider from Cool World, his sole appearance so far. He was created by Ralph Bakshi, who is still living as of this writing. Nails likewise survives to the end of the film, and gets the sign off role: "G'bye, folks. Have a nice life." Nails is the deputy to chief detective Frank Harris, a recruit from the Noid World. Apparently, Noids take law enforcement more seriously than Doodles. Nails gets a report that renegade Holli Would is going to "make it" with Jack Deebs, and since he doesn't have the heart to interrupt his boss, goes to deal with Holli himself. Nails loads a revolver in preparation of arresting Holli Would, and shoots himself in a leg in the process. Along with Bakshi's bizarre characters, there's Gabriel Byrne, Brad Pitt and Kim Basinger. Can you say "Old Shame," boys and girls?

Good on you, EI: that's another +1 on your tick sheet, and control of the board. :)
  6. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now here's one who's really never been tapped:

1. My spaceship is named after a mythological vessel that also became the title of a classic 2012 movie.

2. My name has nothing to do with a certain Airbender, or even a sci-fi movie from 2009.

3. My show is another anime series that was actually three combined into one.
  7. saltyboot

Anime is not my thing, so this is going to be a complete guess. Is it Captain Avatar?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. emeraldisle

Yes, Saltyboot. It's Captain Avatar from "Star Blazers."

1. He pilots the spaceship called the Argo, which started out as a sunken battleship, and was named after Jason's ship. And of course, there was the movie, "Argo."

2. Self-explanatory.

3. "Star Blazers," is three iterations of "Space Cruiser Yamato" combined into one.

So take another turn, Salty. Great job. :)
  9. saltyboot

Great! I really wasn't sure about that one. Anyway, here's mine.

I'm a leader who needs to fix a big problem.
    The solution?..... Sabotage.
    I insult the protagonist's family.
  10. emeraldisle

Don't know this one. Sorry Hope someone else knows.
  11. saltyboot

OK, let's see if this will do it.

I appeared once in a short.
    I'm a cat in a rats costume.
    It turns out that the protagonist's brother really does eat jelly beans.
  12. emeraldisle

Aha! Another character from a short I've never seen. It's the Supreme Cat from "Paying The Piper."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. saltyboot

That's right, it's the Supreme Cat.

He is the leader who needs to fix the problem of no more rats.
    He sabotaged Porky (the piper) by dressing up as a rat.
    Through out the short, the cat will insult Porky's family.
    Just so happens, one of the insults was true. (Porky's brother really does eat jelly beans)

You're up! [thumbup]
  14. emeraldisle

Ok, I got another good one:

1. I'm specifically created for a music video.

2. I sing and dance with a live action human, just like Jerry did with Gene Kelly.

3. My costar began her career "Straight Up."
  15. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

According to a Google search, I do believe this is a character called MC Skat Kat from Paula Abdul's "Opposite's Attract" music video.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. emeraldisle

Yes, Fluidgirl, it's MC Skat Kat all right.

1. He was created for that video.

2. It was actually inspired by the song and dance sequence from "Anchors Aweigh," in which Gene Kelly sang and danced with Jerry.

3. Self-explanatory.

Good job. You're up again. :)
  17. FluidGirl

OK, I have a character that I hope won't take more than three clues. Mainly because I don't know if I'd be able to come up with more than three, but here it goes:

1. I star in a series of public service announcements throughout the 1980's

2. These public service announcements have to do with electricity safety

3. My voice actor is best known for explaining how a bill becomes a law
  18. oneuglybunny

Aha, I know this one: it's Louie the Lightning Bug, who advised children (and some goofy adults) how to avoid pain, injury and worse from accidents with electricity. He's essentially a light bulb with wings and eyes ... and that marvelous voice.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. FluidGirl

Yes, OUB! It's Louie the Lightning Bug! Mein sister and I both "collect" commercials (among other things), and mein sister was playing a bunch of Louie's PSAs, and this morning I got one of his songs stuck in my head (I like telling you what inspires my character choices, so sue me).
  20. oneuglybunny

Oh, there's not a thing wrong with that; it expounds upon an otherwise obscure character, and reminds us why these characters hold such charm. So, now I have to find a character, ideally from an untapped vein. Oh, here's one ...

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated feature film. Some other characters also appear in different media, but not this one.

2) Though he's not the one who caused all the problems, this character is the antagonist that makes things worse, much worse.

3) By profession, this character is military man, charged with defending the people from dangerous aliens. He has a peculiar way of doing his job, in that he opposes the science hero that's working on assembling a solution, and he lowers the defenses to a large city, which results in a massacre. No Christmas bonus for him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.