1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, Glowworm. Now I've got one who, incredibly, has been ignored until now:

1. I'm big and muscular, but clearly not very bright.

2. I appear in two shorts with the same character, who beats me both times.

3. Although I'm mostly nonverbal, I do say, "Just passing by" in a dazed state.
  2. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Ah, It is amazing that this one hasn't been used yet.
    It's Crusher as a boxer from Rabbit Punch. And he was a wrestler in Bunny Hugged.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. emeraldisle

You win this round, Salty. Crusher it is. Good job. :). You're up once again.
  4. saltyboot

Thanks!

I raised my grandson.
    As an adult, he competed in the Tour de France.
    When he was suddenly kidnapped, I stopped at nothing to save him.
  5. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Grack! I almost have this one. She's from Les Triplettes du Belleville (The Triplets of Belleville), the grandmother of the French cyclist with the aerodynamic nose. But what's her name? Madame? No, that's a title. Marie? Maude? She's the size of a fire hydrant, as wrinkly as unwashed laundry, and she has to wear corrective shoes because her legs are mismatched. Grack, how can I even walk with this much rust in my head?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. saltyboot

Yes, OUB that is correct. You described the right character perfectly. Her name is Madame Souza.
  7. oneuglybunny

And there we have proof how much rust and cobwebs are in my senile head. Thanks for being forgiving, Saltyboot. So, we're focusing on older ladies, eh? Can't go wrong with the classics.

1) This character appears in two completely animated features (so far), surviving to the end of both. Go, girl!

2) This character is human, entirely so, and female, and elderly. She's definitely not doddering nor incompetent (like me) despite her age.

3) She can whip up an awesome batch of goodies, or battle evil minions to further the Good Guys. She leaves the Bingo boards to the boring biddies.
  8. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) Though not the main character, this Mystery Character is a bloodline relative.

5) It'd be easy to dismiss this character as slow, doddering and oblivious. She's none of those, despite her age. Villains beware.

6) While Pixar has the crown for rendered image animation, other studios try to get in on the act. This character was produced by a wannabe studio with a smaller staff and smaller budget than Pixar. Every champion must have a challenger.
  9. emeraldisle

Could this possibly be Red Riding Hood's grandma from the "Hoodwinked" movies?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. oneuglybunny

It more than could be, EM, it truly is Grandma from Kanbar Entertainment's Hoodwinked and Hoodwinked 2: Hood And Evil.
  11. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now to step into untapped territory once again:

1. I'm one of many to play myself in hour-long movies.

2. My adversaries haunt a castle I inherited. One rides on horseback, and the other swims in the moat.

3. Just the other day, I was joined in heaven by a fellow bandmate.
  12. emeraldisle

Guess it's time for three more clues:

4. The movies from the first clue star a dog and four meddling kids.

5. I also played myself in a classic episode of a live action sitcom.

6. One of my surviving bandmates has voiced a wide variety of cartoon characters.
  13. emeraldisle

Last three clues:

7. Another singer changed his name so he wouldn't be mistaken for me.

8. The girl who sought me in the aforementioned sitcom is one whose younger sister spoke her name three times.

9. I should also not be associated with an undersea graveyard.
  14. oneuglybunny

Huh, nobody touched this. Bravo, Em, for being so gloriously topical. This'd be Davy Jones of The Monkees [sic], who appeared in animated form for The New Scooby Doo Movies by Hanna-Barbera Studios. Davy, I think, was the short one. who was used as a croquet ball during the intro video of The Monkees' live-action television show.
  15. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB, you nailed it, and prevented him from becoming an unguessed character. Good job. :). Take it away!
  16. oneuglybunny

Ah, here's a nice fellow who's gone overlooked so far. Fixing time!

1) This character first appeared in a regularly televised animated cartoon series. He was adapted into a live-action film, too.

2) Despite his size and strength, this character is actually a Gentle Giant, much more likely to debate a foe than pull arms out of their sockets.

3) Another character much more prone to thoughtless action is the star of the cartoon series, while this character is a voice of reason.
  17. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) This character is full of contradictions. For one, he's much more urbane and mannerly than his surroundings would indicate.

5) For another, this character's command of the English is much higher than that of his companions, though one would expect the reverse to be true.

6) Is this character human? Nope. His companions are human certainly, but not this fellow.
  18. oneuglybunny

Cupcake clues time:

7) It's both his name and identifies his species.

8) Safe to presume this character watches out for trees, unlike someone he knows.

9) A Jay Ward Production, style and all.
  19. oneuglybunny

"When he gets in a scrape / He makes his escape / With help from his friend / An ape named Ape." From the George Of The Jungle series. :bigtears:
  20. emeraldisle

Sorry I was so clueless. I was expecting Glowworm or Saltyboot to supply the answer.
    • Like Like x 1