1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Perhaps these clues will make it easier:

4. Like all the other protagonists, I live on another planet.

5. Sometimes I even let a couple of blobs ride me.

6. I guess you could say I'm a living laser weapon.
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Ooh, good clues. After the first three, my weird old head went toward Appa, the flying moose of Avatar The Last Airbender. However, these latest three clues take my defective head off that doomed track, and point me squarely at Zok, the laser dragon of Hanna-Barbera's The Herculoids. The three humans that can ride upon Zok are Zandor, Tara and Dorno. Zok's other teammates are Igoo the rock ape, Tundro the Tremendous, and Gloop and Gleep the ... pleomorphs that vibrate when they speak.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. emeraldisle

Right on target with that one, OUB. Good job. :). Incidentally, I never even heard of Appa until now. So you get to post another one.
  4. oneuglybunny

Hard to compete with a flying laser dragon, but *shrug* perhaps someone entertaining might be worth a clean-up act.

1) This character occurs only once to date in a completely animated feature film. He survives to the end of the story, so he could recur.

2) This character is big into entertainment. And big into exercise, which makes him stupendously top-heavy. And he's big into mustaches, too.

3) While this character is human, and speaks English, his accent suggests he's not born-and-raised American. He's certainly peculiar, even by American standards.
  5. emeraldisle

This time, I'll let someone else answer. I'm stumped.
  6. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Just for the record, Mr. Bunny, Appa is a flying BISON, not a moose.
  7. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) The title character meets this character face to face while delivering some packages to the correct apartment. Some especially pungent packages, to judge by the smell.

5) This character has a sinister doppelganger, which the title character also encounters. Big deal, everyone except the title character has a doppelganger in this story.

6) The good version of this character has rats in his apartment. They're nice rats that do tricks. The sinister version also has rats, but these function as spies for the wicked mastermind.
  8. emeraldisle

I'm afraid I'm still stumped. I only found one movie, and none of its characters match the clues.
  9. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Ooo! I got it! It's Mr. Sergei Alexander Bobinsky, from Coraline.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. oneuglybunny

Da, Saltyboot, this is the circus gymnast Bobinsky, upstairs neighbor to Coraline among the peculiar tenants of The Pink Palace apartments. Produced by Laika Entertainment, the same stop-motion people behind Kubo And The Two Strings. Good pinpointing, SB. :)
  11. saltyboot

Thanks...

I'm really big on super heroes.
    When I brought my friends to my house, no one believed I lived here.
    At the end of the movie, it's reveled that my dad has a secret life. (An exciting one too!)
  12. Glowworm

This is Fred from Big Hero 6--even better--his dad is basically Stan Lee sporting the obligatory Marvel movie cameo.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. saltyboot

Yes, that's correct. Tis indeed Fred, from Big Hero 6.
  14. Glowworm

Cool, Fred was my second favorite character after Baymax.
    1. Although I assist the head of the city, I'm the real brains behind it.
    2. In fact, my first and last name are a play on words of a part of the brain.
    3. There actually is another cartoon character out there with the same exact name as mine. Completely different character though.
  15. emeraldisle

This can only be one person: Sara Bellum, from "The Powerpuff Girls."
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Glowworm

Indeed. Miss Bellum--Sara Bellum-- a play on the word cerebellum which is a part of the brain assists the Mayor in running the city. Of course, considering the Mayor's ineptness, Miss Bellum is the real brains behind running Townsville.
    Sadly, the reboot of the show (which I don't watch) scrapped Miss Bellum (Sending her off on a super long"vacation" she was owed by the Mayor) with the excuse that she sent the wrong message due to her sexiness. They completely missed the point that she was in fact a strong, smart and great role model for the PPG and other girls.
    Also, that last clue is a reference to Sarah Bellum, the duck scientist and inventor from Darkwing Duck. Completely different character entirely.
  17. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now for one that no one else has thought of:

1. I'm the recurring villain of the series.

2. I'm named for a specific sign of the zodiac.

3. My adversary is prone to shouting "Demon dogs!"
  18. oneuglybunny

Aha, this must be Gemini, who has also gone by the name Janus, an evil wizard from Thundarr The Barbarian. Thundarr thought he'd rid the world of this madman in their first meeting, when Gemini sought the black pearl, but Thundarr used it on Gemini's Statue of Liberty brought to life to monkey-wrench the wizard's magic. Nope, gone but not 100% dead.
  19. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB, it's Gemini. Now to explain:

1. He appeared in two episodes-one from each season.

2 and 3 are self-explanatory.

So you post again. Good job. :).
  20. oneuglybunny

Drat, I'm the bottom of the page again. Talk about basement dwellers ... Oh, and speaking of which:

1) This character appears in a completely animated feature film. He's a public domain character, so he might occur in other animated works, but I'm not going to go looking. Euw.

2) There are bad guys, really bad guys, Big Bad bad guys; then there's this guy, who is made of badness. Once upon a time, this character was a nasty human, but in this feature film, not so much.

3) There's no chance this character could recur, because he died during the flashback. But that didn't stop him, so he came to town do more wickedness and killing. Which made him die even more. A whole lot more.