1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I haven't a clue. Maybe some else knows who this truffle selling guy is.
  2. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

After remembering there are unguessed clues, I did some research. I think it's Rebecca Cunningham from TaleSpin.

The truffle episode is The Bigger They Are the Louder They Oink.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Yes, that's the one. I'd forgotten that I had control of the board. I must stop getting old. Rebecca purchased Baloo's air freight company from foreclosure, and renamed it Higher For Hire. Though it remains foremost an air freight service, Rebecca will look for capital expansion sidequests as well. Good sleuthing, SB. You take control, and a fresh +1 as well.
  4. saltyboot

Excellent.

I appeared in one scene in a recent animated movie.
    I live in a realm where the ocean is the sky.
    I love bling, and talking about myself.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Of course, I wanted to do this one myself but thought it might be too early to do this one.
    It's Tamatoa, the giant crab from Moana who has Maui's magic fishhook.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. saltyboot

Yep, that's who it is. I wondered if it was too early myself, but I really couldn't come up with another character.
  7. Glowworm

Yeah, his song has been in my head for days now--it's almost been a week since I've seen the movie.
    1. I have a small but memorable bit in a movie.
    2. I do have a name too.
    3. When my owner is away, I like to head-bang to some heavy metal music.
  8. emeraldisle

Ah, very simple. It's Leonard, the male poodle, from "The Secret Life Of Pets."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Glowworm

Yes, I love that poodle. Nothing like somehow getting away with putting a SOAD song in a family film. :happy:
  10. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. How about this one?:

1. I'm named for a Tennessee city.

2. I live down south--way down south, you might say.

3. My son dances his way to becoming a social outcast.
  11. oneuglybunny

Gadzooks, Glowworm, you can identify a System Of A Down song cued from the middle that quickly? I am impressed.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Glowworm

Don't be so impressed, Mr. Bunny. SOAD isn't something I know that well. No, classical music, classic rock, 70's, 80's, 90's music and a lot of 60's music is more of my style. Although I do have an occasional outlet to explore other music as well. (Voltaire for example became a new one for me during college.)
    No, I only know this song because they kept showing that scene with Leonard rocking out in the trailers. People on youtube immediately identified what the song was and a headbanging poodle brought me to listen to the entire song out of sheer interest. It's not bad actually, but the entire song is not appropriate for children and full of innuendo. Naturally, I was certain that the song would only be used for the trailers (although one trailer on tv actually did have Leonard rocking out to something less awesome sounding) much like how Despicable Me 2 used an Eminem song in their trailer for one scene but not in the actual movie. Imagine my surprise to see that in the actual film, Leonard was actually still rocking out to "Bounce." Nice to see that it remained in the scene untouched.

Now if you really want to be impressed by my music skills, I'm much better identifying the other genres I mentioned earlier. ;)
  13. emeraldisle

I didn't expect my mystery character to stump anyone, so here are the last three clues:

4. My wife's name is also the birth name of a blonde bombshell.

5. I only have a cameo in the sequel.

6. I'm also named for a classic song with the opening line, "Long distance information...."
  14. Glowworm

I think I know who this is, but someone else should have a turn.
  15. oneuglybunny

Well, I'm mightily sure that this is the paternal penguin character from Happy Feet, but I never actually saw the feature in theaters, not even the cheapie second-run wannabe theater in Endicott. So, I'd have to cheat, and google who Daddy penguin and Junior "Dancin' Fool" penguin are.
  16. emeraldisle

Well, OUB, you came the closest to the right answer, so I'll give you credit where credit is due. It's Memphis, Mumble's dad, from the "Happy Feet" movies. All six clues are self-explanatory. Good job. :).
  17. oneuglybunny

"All the way from Memphis." But I digress.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in a completely animated feature film.

2) This character survives to the end of the story, but her rescuer does not.

3) Sadder still, the voice actor for this character has died as well.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  18. emeraldisle

I think you posted a set of quotes instead of a mystery character.
  19. oneuglybunny

Oh dear, you're right. I'll fix that pronto.
  20. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time:

4) This character is human, 100%. And a girl, too. With blue eyes, no less.

5) This character gets rescued twice: one from the clutches of The Villain, and once from a sinking ship.

6) Not to be an ingrate, but this character calls out her rescuer for being substandard, as in morally bankrupt. She forgives him nevertheless.