1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, Mr. Bug Goes to Town is a film I have never seen before, so I always get puzzled by any mystery characters from there. This time, I caught on, however.
    Anyhow, here's one due to something I've been watching lately.
    1. Most superheroes when needed by the world, are either called on the phone or signaled. Me? I get my heads up through a bird.
    2. The bird also is the means of bringing me to life when there is trouble.
    3. Seeing as how most of the time birds like my buddy are usually not the best friends of guys like me--it's rather amusing that we get along just fine.
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Oh, boy do I ever know this one. It's Granite Man, from "The Super Six."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Glowworm

I thought you would, emeraldisle. I've been watching the Super 6 lately--someone's uploaded them all on youtube. It is indeed Granite Man.
    1. Granite Man gets all of his news through Percival the messenger pigeon.
    2. Percival usually recites a little spell of sorts to wake up Granite Man who resides on his down time as a statue in the park. The words are usually"Granite Man, Oh rock of power, Awake and face this dangerous hour!" however, in the episode "The Matucci Venus" Percival recites instead " Man of granite, human so fine, Hearken to me, rise and shine!"
    3. In real life, pigeons poop on statues. I find it rather amusing that Percival and Granite Man get along so well.
  4. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now here's one that I've been waiting to post for quite a while:

1. Although I appear in an animated sequel, I was not created by the author.

2. I set out to steal something from the title characters, claiming it to be rightfully mine.

3. Survey says my voice actor did a superb job.
  5. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I'm thinking this must be the late Richard Dawson (born Colin Lionel Emm on Sunday 20 November 1932) as the voice actor. If so, he had the role of Long John Silver in the 1973 adaptation of Stevenson's Treasure Island, but there was no sequel to that. There were two parts to the 1972 animated adaptation of Dickens' Artful Dodger book for the ABC Saturday Movie Oliver And The Artful Dodger, credited as Sam Sniperley. I confess that I'm not as well-read on my Dickens as I should be.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. emeraldisle

That doesn't matter, OUB. You got the character right. It is indeed Sam Sniperly.

1. He was never in the original book or any of its adaptations. Hanna-Barbera created him and a few others for the cartoon.

2. He was after Brownlow's will, which named Oliver as the sole heir.

3. Self-explanatory.

So you get another turn. Good job. :)
  7. oneuglybunny

Nifty. :) And that means I can tap a not-so-nice character for my Mystery Character. *mad scientist laugh*

1) This character has appeared only once to date in a completely animated feature film. He survives, presumably, to the end of the story, though not by much.

2) On the goodie-baddie scale, this character leans into baddie territory slightly. Problem is, there are much eviler characters in this feature, so this character seems passable by comparison.

3) Add this character to the list of non-villain characters that are still difficult, greedy and obnoxious without veering into criminal territory. Yeah, he's one of those.
  8. emeraldisle

This one's a toughie. Maybe someone who hasn't had a turn in quite a while should take a stab at it. By the way, does anyone know what happened to Fluidgirl?
  9. oneuglybunny

Time for more, better clues.

4) Although he's not a true villain, this character nonetheless gets walloped by a Megaton Punch from The Hero. I have no idea how he survived such an impact, but he did.

5) If your thoughts are running toward a character like Cosmo G Spacely, then you're aimed in the right direction, because this character is one Bad Boss.

6) In fact, Spacely roars "Jetson!" in the same impatient tone as this character roars the hero's name. It's like a personal expletive for the man.
  10. Glowworm

Is this Gillbert Huph, Mr. Incredible's horrible boss that he winds up hospitalizing? Hey, it's not like the guy didn't deserve it.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. oneuglybunny

It certainly is Gilbert Huph, Bob Parr's boss from Pixar's The Incredibles. "What about our shareholders, Bob? Who's helping them out, huh?" That's good for a fresh +1 and control of the board. :)
  12. Glowworm

1. I unexpectedly make a new friend.
    2. I have trouble hiding him from my owner.
    3. At one point, I fear I've lost him forever.
  13. oneuglybunny

Can't let EI pounce on all the fun ones. This is Pussyfoot the kitten, adopted by the bulldog Marc Antony in the Merrie Melodies cartoon Feed The Kitty.
  14. emeraldisle

Sorry, OUB, but Pussyfoot's already on the list. The real answer is Marc Anthony. Still, since I haven't any new characters in mind, I'll pass my turn to you.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. oneuglybunny

Yowie, did I ever fumble that one. No wonder I haven't cleared 200 righties yet. Maybe I can atone slightly with this character.

1) This character has appeared twice to date in two completely animated feature films. He survives to the end of both films, though one ends with this character in an ugly predicament.

2) Although he's a Baddie in his debut, he's not the Supreme Baddie. This character is more the Lieutenant Baddie.

3) Fair play time: this character is not human. He interacts with humans, but is not one himself.
  16. Glowworm

Sorry if I'm a little late to confirm, but yes, it was Marc Anthony, I thought it would be good to add him to the Pussyfoot pairing.
  17. oneuglybunny

No need to apologize, GW. In fact, you have my respect for completing the pair that had been broken and disparate for so long. :D I'm hoping that, as the game progresses, we can spackle the holes and complete the sets. :)
  18. emeraldisle

This character is another toughie.
  19. oneuglybunny

Better soften him up then. Where's my knuckle polish?

4) The two features in which this character appears are not in chronological order; in fact, they're in reverse order. Thus, we first meet this character when he has a job, and we later see him as a college boy.

5) This character fights with The Hero, a much bigger character, and is winning. Must be pure luck, because this character gets whomped by a little girl.

6) As one consolation, this character has been to Paris, France. Didn't stay long, but he was there nonetheless.
  20. emeraldisle

I know the answer now, but let's see if another player gets it.