1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Cartoons in movie backgrounds and Commercials!

Discussion in 'Other / Multiple Studios' started by Dave Koch, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Dave Koch

Dave Koch Cartoon Admin

Lately I've been noticing alot of cartoons in the background of movies, like Kill Bill Vol. 2, Ghost Dawg, but I don't know the toon titles, so maybe we could start a thread to name the toons that grace movies? To narrow down the criteria, let's just do non-animated movies to keep it simple. Here's a few to get it started:

Close Encounters - Drip-Along Daffy
    Lethal Weapon - Bugs Christmas Special
    Ghost Dawg - Woody Woodpecker shorts
    The Professional - Natalie Portman is watching The Transformers

Who's got more?
  2. Thumpsquid

Thumpsquid Apprentice Forum Member New Member

Final Destination 4 AKA The Final Destination
    A (re-dubbed) clip from "Red Hot Rangers" plays in the background shortly after the racist jerk is killed.

Cloverfield

When one of the main characters goes to an electronics store to replace a dead battery an episode of "Spongebob Squarepants" is playing on one of the T.V.s inside.
  3. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I recall "Chow Hound" being watched by the little boy in "Cats and Dogs."

In the first live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie-- Donatello and Michael Angelo are watching the Aesop and Son(from Rocky and Bullwinkle) fable "The Tortoise and the Hare" in which the turtle is a slow but loyal delivery boy and the hare loves food. "Go! Move it, will ya? Aw, you're letting him blow right by ya! Can you believe this guy? Come on! Don't just...! Ninja-kick the damn rabbit! Do something!"[rolling]
  4. Bmode

Bmode Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

Wow, I remember this post/topic, thanks for digging it up Dave. We had quite a list in the old forum? Let's see if we can dig it up, and add to it?

The Island (or remake of Logun's Run) - I think it's Tex Avery's Doggone Tired?
    Gremlins - in the Theater the gremlin's are watching Snow White
    JFK - Drip Along Daffy
  5. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

In Who Framed Roger Rabbit while Roger and Eddie are in the movie theater, Goofy Gymnastics is being played on the screen.
  6. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

In "Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders" during the second story of the film-- which is actually a reedited version of "The Devil's Gift" an earlier film made by the same director, the young boy who receives the deadly cymbal clashing monkey is seen watching Ib Irwek's ComiColor Cartoon "Balloon Land." I like the MST3K version which includes remarks upon seeing the short cartoon. When the opening is seen "Brought to you by LSD." Also when the Pincushion Man first appears "Okay, now we're in Hell. Finally happened." :giggle:
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  7. saltyboot

The cartoon Farmer Charley is on the TV during the Nationwide Insurance commercial, "Halfway."
  8. Bmode

Twelve Monkey's - cartoon in the background? "Frankie..."
    12Monkeys.png

Okay, it's Little Tinker!
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. saltyboot

In Surviving Christmas, the main character watches "Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol" on TV.
  10. sidestreetsam

sidestreetsam Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

~ Howdy, Folks!

“The Comic” is a 1969 comedy film co-written, co-produced and directed by Carl Reiner. It stars Dick Van Dyke as Billy Bright – the original title of the film – and Michele Lee as Bright's love interest, Reiner himself and Mickey Rooney as Bright's friend and work colleagues. Reiner wrote the screenplay with Aaron Rueben, which was inspired by the end of silent film era, and in part, by the life of silent film superstar Buster Keaton.

After Billy Bright's film career is all washed up he is living in a crummy litttle apartment counting down his final days. He wakes at 4:30am in the morning and sits down to watch tv. He watches the end of an unidentified Columbia Scrappy cartoon when suddenly one of his old Billy Bright comidie, "Forget-Me-Not", comes on as the movie ends.
  11. Bmode

Home Alone, Kevin is asleep but the Grinch is on in the background.

Home Alone.png
  12. saltyboot

The Grinch was also shown in Home Alone: Lost in NY when Kevin was in a limo.
  13. Thumpsquid

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  14. Thumpsquid

15. Bobby Bickert

Bobby Bickert Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

In Firestarter, a Woody Woodpecker cartoon is playing on the TV when David Keith's character is using his powers to change the channels.
  16. BloodyChamp

BloodyChamp Apprentice Forum Member New Member

I'll post what I posted in the old thread. I bet it stumps everybody a second time! I'n the AWESOME Beat Club Video version of "I'm Eighteen" by The Alice Cooper Group, there are several cartoon characters that appear in the bizarre style that backgrounds appeared in in those videos. Those images aren't cartoons technically, but this gem belongs imo.
  17. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

"Pulp Fiction"..."Clutch Cargo" was playing on the tv in little Butch Coolidge's house when Captain Koons (Christopher Walken) pays a visit to give a war memento from Butch's dad.
  18. Thumpsquid

Outbreak (1995)

The cartoon being shown in the "State Theater, Cedar Creek" sequence is the Tom and Jerry short, Polka Dot Puss.

19. Thumpsquid

Psycho III (1986)
    Clips from Wild and Woody! and Puny Express are playing on T.V. in front of "Mother" when Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins) confronts Duke (Jeff Fahey) near the film's climax.
  20. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

Since I'm a fan of MST3K, there's a movie that Mike Nelson and the robots Servo and Crow riff called Kitten with a Whip.

One scene, the TV is playing the Sylvester cartoon Canned Feud!