1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

1987-1996 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming to Pluto TV

Discussion in 'Television Discussions' started by RascalsFan84, Jul 21, 2023.

1. RascalsFan84

RascalsFan84 Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

I found out on Facebook just a few minutes ago that under a deal with Nickelodeon, all 193 episodes of the 1987-1996 cartoon series "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" will air on Pluto TV. Variety magazine's website reported this.

I am not sure if this thread should belong in the Television Discussion forum, as this is a thread about online streaming, so I will leave it to the moderators to determine where this thread belongs.
  2. RascalsFan84

The channel launched in late July or early August, if I recall. As of this past weekend, they are into Season 9, part of the "Red Sky" seasons when the series is more dark and the character designs appear to be different.

They are very close to the series finale, if I recall. I wonder if they will revert back to the beginning of the 1987 series, or advance to the 2003 series afterwards?
  3. RascalsFan84

Apparently, I discovered that they did not show the entire 1987-1996 TMNT series. They only got as far as the sixth episode of Season 9. No Season 10 episodes to report.

But for what it's worth, it's just as well. The final 24 episodes in the series are too dark for my liking. Season 10 is pretty bad.

As of today, the Pluto TV channel in the U.S. has started to show, strangely enough, The Legend of Korra, a series from 2012-2014. Yes, a non-Ninja Turtles series on the Totally Turtles Channel. I would have expected them to show a later TMNT series, such as the 2003 series. I do know that, before they started airing the original series, they showed Rise of the TMNT series (and they even showed a few episodes of Rise even when they were showing the earliest seasons of the original TMNT series).
  4. RascalsFan84

I realize why there have been no Season 10 episodes offered on the PlutoTV channel. It probably has to do with the copies held at CBS which have the "CBS Action Zone" bumper leading into the show's opening theme as an animated door in the bumper is open. Airing any episode from Season 10 would meaning chopping off the beginning of the opening, which would sound quite awkward for rebroadcast.

As far as I know, all ten seasons were released on DVD, implying the studio masters were used in the DVD sets.

Last Monday, they reverted back to the beginning of the 1987 series. Nothing from any series from 2003 and later to report. However, the Canadian version of PlutoTV does have the 2003 season being offered. Maybe the absence of the later series is due to the Canadian version airing it, perhaps?
  5. RascalsFan84

Yesterday, on the PlutoTV channel, they aired the final episodes of the series, followed by the 1987 premiere and a random episode from Season 4. But as of today, they flipped the switch to the 2012 CGI series. It makes me wonder if the licensing of the 1987-96 series was just for a few months? I recall the acquisition taking place in mid-July, so maybe the contract was just for three months.
  6. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

That's right, a broadcaster has the right to air the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a limited run, say 13 weeks or 26 weeks. The copyright holder still retains rights and title to the Turtles, and can limit the time that Turtles episodes can be aired. Really, if I were to borrow your hedge clippers, I wouldn't get them in perpetuity, just long enough to get the job done, then I must return the clippers to you. Same principle here.
  7. RascalsFan84

Apparently, they still do air the 1987 series on PlutoTV, if limited to Mondays and Tuesdays only. Last week, I did notice they aired the 2012 CGI series on Wednesdays and Thursdays. On weekends, they air non-Ninja Turtles material - Danny Phantom on Fridays, The Legend of Korra on Saturdays, and Avatar: The Last Airbender on Sundays.

It's really ironic that they call the channel "Totally Turtles" yet they only air Ninja Turtles in some form only four days a week.

Also, I did learn the Pluto channel aired the 2003 Ninja Turtles series earlier this year, but not for a few months now.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. RBCC

RBCC Newbie New Member

Does anyone have dvds of:

Heathcliff and marmaduke
    US of Archie
  9. Janeer

Janeer Newbie New Member

Exciting news about the 1987-1996 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series coming to Pluto TV! Thanks for sharing, @RascalsFan84. It's interesting to follow the channel's progression through different seasons.
  10. RascalsFan84

And some sad news to report: The PlutoTV "Totally Turtles" channel no longer airs the 1987-96 Turtles series as I discovered they are airing episodes from the 2012 series on Mondays now. I am thinking Tuesday will also be affected. That said, it looks like PlutoTV lost the streaming rights to the 1987-96 series, and the license may have been for just five months.

EDIT: I removed the Totally Turtles channel from my favorites just now.