1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Looney Tunes Fonts!

Discussion in 'Warner Bros.' started by Dave Koch, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Dave Koch

Dave Koch Cartoon Admin

Hi there! [​IMG]

I've made some Looney Tuney discoveries! [​IMG]

I found some fonts based the Warner Bros./Looney Tunes logos. [​IMG]

Check out these fonts:

Warner Bros. Font: http://font.downloadatoz.com/...662,dubba-dubba.html
    50% Chuck Jones-like Handwriting: http://www.azfonts.net/.../chicken_basket.html
    50% Looney Tunes Font: http://www.fontpark.net/en/font/looneytunes-tilt-fontview-tilt/
    Merrie Melodies Font: http://www.fonts101.com/...oBlackCondensed.aspx

I found other fonts for various titles and stuff:

Roxy Font (used for "A WARNER BROS. CARTOON, TECHNICOLOR, LOONEY TUNES AND MERRIE MELODIES ENDING LOGOS"): http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/fontbureau/roxy/

Castle Font (Alternate Font used for "A WARNER BROS. CARTOON, TECHNICOLOR, LOONEY TUNES AND MERRIE MELODIES ENDING LOGOS"): http://www.font-zone.com/download.php?fid=384

And that's about all I could find. [​IMG]

However, there are still some other fonts that need to be resolved.

For example, take a look at this picture:
    http://www.dafont.com/...h/orig/1/7/17182.jpg

Does anybody know the font for "WARNER BROS. PICTURES INC." and "Present"? I have no clue what fonts are they.

And finally, there is a mystery font that hasd NEVER been made.

And I think we all know what that certain font is. (Hint: Click on the link that says certain font.)

Most people have said that it was not a font and was hand written.

Well, I happen to have made something for this mystery.

I made a special font-like sprite sheet that I made for font designers/makers to use to help make that certain font.

Check it out: http://www.majhost.com/...ts_font_folks_v4.png

Either way, I think it should wrap up the Looney Tunes collective font series.

I hope you all enjoy the fonts! [​IMG]
  2. Cartoon

Cartoon Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

Hello Looney Tuner, i actually downloaded a few of your font posts plus a few others as well and i tested them on MS Paint and they were absolutely fabulous.

The Warner Bros font is my absolute favorite!, it pulls me straight into reminders of the best of the 1992 Batman cartoon drawing style (one of the best was in Mask of The Phantasm which was animated tag teamed beautifully with Spectrum Animation and Dong Yang), the fact that most of the artist guys who worked on Termite Terrace on the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies line of cartoons (with even main style series ala Mickey and Donald and Herman and Katnip such as Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck in their own starring material) were extremely handsome (especially Ken Harris and even the producer Leon Schlesinger, you know the kind of handsome Greek/Roman/Italian suave guys that not only looked handsome but also everywhere, including dressing, had lots of class and style) and cultured, also bringing into mind the true, healthy, fit, distinct even in looks and defiantly voice, clean and extremely even friendly stars (and TRUE and REAL and even regular stars/celebrities and personalities in general in it's only form ever) of the day (like great ones like Clark Gable, Peter Lorre, Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Buster Keaton, the ever so cultured Englishman Boris Karloff, Belga Lugosi who is very notable as Dracula including the distinct voice, Jimmy Durante most famous for the Rankin-Bass version of Frosty the Snowman, The Marx Bros, The Three Stooges with Larry, Curly and Moe, heck, muscular Roger Ramjet hero type Kirk Douglas, Jerry Lewis, Art Carney, Jackie Gleason, Frankie Sinatra and lastly W.C Fields, defiantly not like today's "stars" which are exactly and actually hippie styled cavemen rid of all shame who are just there all about and to make ONLY money, except occasional gems like Alec Baldwin who is extremely talented even as a cartoon voice artist, Bill Murray who does a great Garfield, the funny and comical Robin Williams who does a fabulous Genie, George Clooney who does actually have a distinct enough voice, Keanu Reeves who looks handsome enough and looks great as Ted and Jim Carrey, come on Count Olaf, anyone ) and also lastly defiantly Art Deco (and then again, based on lots of research and summed into one and only for good even fashion styles in one, Art Deco and also it's predecessor Art Noveau and other styles such as the wonky 1950s Googie and all of it ever is actually and exactly in it's only form ever just permanently turns out to be just geometric perfect mathematical straight lines and rounded curves,)

I also tried the few others as well and they were great, also on the GAC posts there were also other fonts shown and suggested such as like the one used on DFE shorts, one used on 1950s shorts, and one that was used on the Arthur Davis cartoons from 1948-1949, even though GAC forums is closed down, why did they not save and keep and repost any posts .

-------------------------

Overworked.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
  3. LooneyTunian

LooneyTunian Newbie New Member

4. Dave Koch

Dave Koch Cartoon Admin

As I recall, this thread was yours origionally. I hope you forgive me for "stealing" it- I just wanted to make sure it made it over to the new site here...

[banana]
  5. LooneyTunian

LooneyTunian Newbie New Member

Nope, I didn't start this thread. lol :p
  6. Dave Koch

Dave Koch Cartoon Admin

Hmmmm.... ok. I know it was not me!